Activities/Programs Assistant-Maravilla Santa Barbara
The ideal candidate will have infectious enthusiasm, a go-getter attitude, and the intelligence and desire to grow in a rewarding career. You’d be executing activities that make a true impact in the quality of our resident’s lives…. And with that, you must have superb communication skills, be impeccably reliable, and able to meet deadlines – even in the face of ever-shifting priorities!
- Life Enrichment – Ensure our memory care residents recognize personal satisfaction and enrichment through designing and implementing innovative and creative activities, programs, outings and other events.
- Communications –Assist in the development of newsletter content, flyers, activity calendars, one-pagers, and other collateral material that support resident/family/staff awareness and engagement. Collaborate with other Department Heads to ensure full visibility of programming.
- Event Planning – Help develop, proactively plan and implement creative activities, outings and programs that enrich our memory care resident’s lives.
- Social Connectivity – Promote participation in activities and help foster social connectedness between memory care residents. Gather feedback from residents concerning activities and adjust programs to best meet the resident's needs. Involve family members and guests in activities/programs whenever possible.
- MUST have a heart for serving residents who have dementia.
- EXCELLENT communication skills (e.g. face-to-face, in-person, phone) – You will be working with a variety of people and departments, so it’s critical that you enjoy interacting with others on a daily basis and are comfortable speaking in front of small groups.
- INCREDIBLE detail-orientation – It’s the little things that count!
- SELF-DIRECTED – Must be able to take a project, run with it, and (ideally) exceed expectations by anticipating needs
- CREATIVITY – We’re outside-the-box thinkers around here.
- MALLEABILITY– We move FAST. Things change, we adapt, and we propel ourselves forward.
- ORGANIZATION – We juggle a bazillion balls and wear a lot of hats (No, we don’t moonlight as clowns, but you’ll need to stay organized to play well on this team)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Senior Resource Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and we prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, including but not to limited, respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Completing an application does not guarantee that you will be offered a position.
Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Senior Resource Group unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular office in accordance with applicable state and local law.