Assistant General Manager, Front Desk Agent, Housekeeper, and Maintenance needed
About us: Economy Hotel is a family owned and operated real estate investment company that is comprised of a portfolio of 10 independently operated Hotels and a number of residential and commercial properties based in the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States. We are seeking qualified applicants for the Front Desk Agent position. Candidates must be professional, energetic, reliable, self starting, and customer service oriented with excellent communication skills.
We are looking for the positions at the following locations:
Economy Hotel Minot- 225 22nd Ave NW Minot, ND 58701
The Role of our Assistant General Manager:
Supervises: Supervises entire on-site staff and assists General Manager (i.e. Service Technician(s), Groundskeeper(s), and Housekeeper(s) and well as manage and know how to do the below positions.
Front Desk Job Responsibilities:
Required to organize, confirm, process all guest check-ins/check-outs, room reservation, requests, room
transfers and cancellations. You will also be responsible for securing all payments, verify and adjusts billing.
Activate and distribute room keys, assists with all departments for the hotel on necessary wants and needs of
the hotel. Process all guest related issues as well relay any messages for management. Front Desk agents are
also to follow all company procedures and policies, anticipate any guest related issues.
- Prior cash handling experiences necessary
- High school diploma
- Ability to communicate effectively with the guests and team members
- Leadership skills
- Time management skills
- Read, write and speak English primarily
· Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals, operate asset in owners’ best interest in accordance with Policies & Procedures Manual.
· Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, etc.).
· Prepare annual budgets and income projections in a timely and accurate manner.
· Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, and posted in a timely manner.
· Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
· Ensure that A/P invoices are submitted to the corporate office for payment,
· Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity.
· Utilize marketing strategies to secure prospective customers
· Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
· Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
· Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
· Lead emergency team for Hotel. Ensure proper response and handling of all Hotel emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/customer injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
· Deal with customer concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
· Develop and/or implement customer retention programs
· Consistently implement policies of the Hotel
· Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
· Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership.
· Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
· Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with Maintenance Supervisor.
· Administer action plans consistently, and on a timely basis with performance problems. Document appropriately, communicate situation supervisor, Human Resources Director, and terminate properly when necessary.
· Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
· Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, salary reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.).
· Maintain Hotel appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis. This requires regular community inspections and tours.
· Assure quality and quantity of market ready rooms for rent.
· Ensure that rooms are walked daily and communicate any service related needs to maintenance.
· Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
· Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
· Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
· Direct staff to follow a “safety first” principle.
· College degree preferred.
· Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
· Effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
· Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
· Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, math, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as community software applications.
· Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
· Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
· Be able to work evenings and weekends.
· Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
· Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
· Successfully pass a background and drug test.
Attendance is an imperative job function.
Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
In order to succeed, Economy Hotel Management team must embrace certain core principles and values.
· Continuous Self Improvement
· Work Ethic
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification, and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments required by company officials. This job description does not constitute an employment contract between the company and any employee. The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions to ensure satisfactory operation.