Assistant Manager - Janitorial
Under the direction of the Operation Manager, is responsible for the daily maintenance of multiple facilities throughout the Valley to include direct supervision and training / management of cleaning associates. Supervises and coordinates activities of associates engaged in cleaning and maintaining assigned facilities.
- Able to perform the duties of supervised staff
- Establishes and maintains excellent customer relations through daily contact and customer visits in assigned territory, taking all actions necessary to ensure completion and quality of required scope of work
- Completes regular quality inspections of assigned accounts and acts appropriately based on results of the quality inspections
- Provides accurate and timely information to Operations Manager . / Human Resources regarding current staffing and future staffing needs.
- Holds regular feedback conversations with staff to discuss performance and development goals
- Ensures all associates are properly trained at each assigned account with a focus on long term retention.
- Maintain a safe work environment for self and employees by enforcing the company’s safety, recognition, and training programs
- Handles administrative duties of assigned accounts to include, but not limited to: timekeeping, documentation of employee performance and safety, and maintaining inventory of necessary supplies
- Commits to behave in compliance with the company’s values and Code of Conduct
- Builds a culture of work safety and leads by example with one's own safe behavior
- Treats co-workers with respect and approaches conflict with positive intent and professionalism
- Asks questions to understand why we do what we do and how we do it - champions change when improvements can be made
- Ensures one's own compliance with the company's published Operations Standards
- Understand budget and labor costs of assigned accounts
- Work with Operations Manager to operate effectively within established budget guidelines
- Must have a coaching mindset and be a champion of your team
- Clearly and effectively formulate directions for others, effectively conveying expectations and what success looks like.
- The ability to think creatively and mobilize resources as necessary
- Knowledge in scheduling and planning
- Collaborative style with strong influencing skills
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the organizational values
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and practices
- Knowledge of commercial floor care and floor care products
- Knowledge of safety practices
- Good time management
- Proficient written and verbal English communication
- Strong employee and client focus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
Why Join the Marsden Family?
- Part Time and Full Time Benefits Available
- Variety of Shifts Available
- Room to Grow
- We are an Established Organization
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver Licence and reliable transportation
- 3+ years of commercial cleaning experience and/or floor care
- 1 -2 years supervisory experience
- Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have excellent attendance.
- Must be prompt and met deadlines as assigned.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to read and comprehend chemical and safety information.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
Pro-Serv Commercial Cleaning / Haynes is a Marsden Company offering a broad range of maintenance, cleaning, handyman and specialty services for the past 65 years. We clean, sanitize, and service large and small businesses across the Valley. In a nutshell: we clean buildings… really well.
Are you devoted to providing excellent client service; a super safety captain; a visionary leader and coach? Then we want you! Pro-Serv Commercial Cleaning has immediate openings for an Assistant Area Manager! Join an essential company to service the buildings and facilities in your community. We are seeking dependable responsible employees that take pride in a job well done, are dedicated, have a great work ethic, energetic, with positive attitudes and focus on attention to detail while providing stellar cleaning services for our clients.