Assistant Professor, Research, Engagement, and Learning Librarian
The Mary and John Gray Library at Lamar University seeks an innovative and creative individual to join our team as Research, Engagement, & Learning Librarian Librarian. Reporting to the Head, Research, Engagement, & Learning, the Research, Engagement, & Learning Librarian provides research services in person, virtually, and events across campus. The librarian is responsible for developing library guides and exhibits, providing research services, information literacy instruction, and other duties as assigned. In addition, the librarian will collaborate with colleagues on library-wide committees and projects to advocate the research needs of Lamar University/Lamar Institute Technology constituents. This is a 12 month, tenure-track faculty position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• Knowledge of online databases, emerging technologies, trends in librarianship, and active knowledge of research, instruction, and research resources and services.
• Demonstrates a knowledge of information literacy theory and practices
• Effective use with Springshare software, Microsoft Office, and Blackboard.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment and in a culturally diverse environment.
• Demonstrated an effective ability to investigate, solve problems independently, manage projects, and multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to seeks out new responsibilities, generates new ideas, and practices self-development.
• Ability to establish and maintain productive collaborative relationships with students, , staff, and faculty.
• Effective ability in using technology as an instructional aide and in providing research assistance to enhance learning.
• Effective ability to respond effectively to changing needs and priorities showing initiative and flexibility.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to meet the promotion and tenure criteria of the Mary & John Gray Library faculty.
• Participate in the planning and delivery of team-based virtual research services (i.e. chat, text, email, and telephone).
• Creates and maintains library guides in Springshare.
• Collaborate with faculty to integrate information literacy across the curriculum.
• Cultivate and promote workshops, events, and other programming relevant to Lamar University individually and collaboratively.
• Contribute to social media and develop exhibits/displays.
• Consistently participate in collaborative partnerships and relationships in the library, university, and surrounding communities events to promote library services and resources.
• Actively engages in university service, professional development, research, and publication/presentations to meet the promotion and tenure criteria of the Mary & John Gray Library faculty.
• Perform related duties as assigned (i.e. attending department and faculty meetings and serving on faculty committees).
• Master’s degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association (ALA) or from a program in a country with a formal accreditation process as identified by ALA.
• Library instruction, outreach, and reference experience in a variety of formats in an academic library.
• Proficiency in the use and adoption of technological tools, such as social media and other emerging technologies and platforms, for the delivery and support of library services.
• Knowledge of Springshare products such as LibGuides, LibChat, and LibAnswers.
• Have a record of scholarship, research, and professional service.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.