The Batch and Furnace Manager is responsible for furnace, batch house, and basement operations, including environmental controls and maintenance, ensuring effective management of the departments labor, equipment, maintenance, and expense budgets.
The Batch and Furnace Manager will:
- Work in partnership with the Production and Quality Managers to produce glass containers while continuously improving levels of quality and efficiency
- Be accountable for supervising salary and hourly personnel engaged in all phases of plant's batch and furnace operation
- Manage incoming raw materials and glass formulas
The Batch and Furnace Manager should have:
- Experience supervising employees, planning work schedules, and directing assignments
- Ability to plan and coordinate all preventive maintenance activities
- Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Ceramic, Chemical, Materials Science or related Engineering field preferred
- Glass furnace operations and large-scale glass melting operations experience
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and strong interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
What we offer at O-I:
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous award-winning 401(k) plan with employer contribution & match
- Comprehensive benefits package
- and much more…
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.