Responsibilities include the execution of production scheduling and purchasing functions and the development of control measures to prevent shortages. Analyze the Dynamic Kanban and Point-of-Use (POU) requirements to generate and manage purchase orders and work orders for manufacturing demands. Determine quantities and timing of materials to control inventory flow to the manufacturing floor and ensure continuity of supply in executing production schedules. This role is located onsite in Elizabethtown, NC.
- Responsible for coordinating production material activities for manufacturing products. This involves the creation and execution of purchase and work orders within our ERP system.
- Implementation of supplier Kanban.
- Monitors and takes appropriate action on engineering change notices.
- Daily review of Dynamic Kanban system reports to provide accurate and timely resolution of material shortages. Maintain all Kanban cards, vendor information for accurate Kanban calculations. Ensure cell is tripping Kanban properly and work with TL as needed to fix issues with triggers in the cells.
- Execute open work orders expeditiously to maintain production schedule. Work directly with the Production Manager and cell associates to resolve any late work orders and define schedule recovery. Daily review of work order status and update of work order due dates is required.
- Monitors discrepant material affecting the production schedule. This involves working with Quality to keep current on material non-conformances.
- Manage the engineering special order process (SOP) for engineering requests of production assemblies or systems that have minor deviations to the released production design.
- Manage the daily cycle count process for assigned areas. This involves entering counts received from production techs. Resolve discrepancies for items that are outside the threshold tolerance thru root cause analysis.
- Review unplanned requests for production material.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor of Science in business/supply chain or technical field Engineering.
- 2-5 years experience Buyer/Planning in a manufacturing setting
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and hands on experience with Kanban processes.
- US Citizenship
- Effective Communication oral and written
- Close attention to detail
- Sound problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ensure that all customers, both internal and external, are treated with respect and integrity
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to use materials market data to drive daily workloads