Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
George E. Wahlen Ogden Veterans Home is now hiring dedicated CNAs for Part Time and PRN positions!
At Avalon Health Care Group we built our culture around providing outstanding care to our patients. Our work demonstrates a reverence for life and a heart for healing. Many of Avalon Health Care’s facilities are rated 4 and 5 stars for staffing. Our people make all the difference. Do you show up to work even when there are challenges to face? Are you motivated by helping people? Does striving for excellence in patient care excite you? Then look no further, Avalon Health Care Group could be the perfect place for you.
If you have a desire to serve and honor those who have served our country, George E. Wahlen Ogden Veteran's Home could be the perfect place for you!!
Some of our amazing benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, AND Pet insurance.
All shifts are available, if you prefer days, nights, evenings, weekends, P/T, F/T, or On-call, we have it all.
Tuition Assistance available
We offer career advancement courses
Two weeks of PTO
401K (match up to 2%)
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring residents’ comfort while assisting them in achieving their highest practicable level of functioning
- Assist in residents daily living activities
- Follow the plan of care for providing hygiene and oral care
- Assist residents with dressing and grooming according to their needs
- Take and record temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure
- Maintain residents’ rooms in neat orderly and clutter free manner 0, 'is-rotating-backward': direction() < 0 }"> 0, 'is-rotating-backward': direction() < 0 }"> 0, 'is-rotating-backward': direction() < 0 }">
What do you need to work as a CNA?
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in good standing with the State. Must maintain a current certification in the state throughout employment.
- Must achieve 12 hours of in service education annually as required by federal regulations (as well as meet state requirements, if exceeds federal).
- Must have ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents and families and to work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to assist others, including co-workers.
- Recent clinical experience or education is required.
We take every precaution to protect our patients; depending on site specific Federal, State and County requirements, future Avalon employees may be asked to participate in COVID-19 testing procedures as a condition of employment.
Avalon Health Care Group is an equal opportunity employer, including disablity. Nothing in the job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment