Certified Surgical Technologist, CST - Indianapolis - $52 - $81/hr
Currently looking for qualified Operating Room Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) candidates for full-time contract positions, lasting 13+ weeks, at great facilities in Indianapolis! These are high speed environments! Interested candidates must hold active BLS and have the ability to remain calm under pressure. Current pay ranges up to $52 to $61 per hour, but may change depending on contract. These are day and night shift contracts. 1-2 years of recent experience required.
Benefits for the Certified Surgical Technologist, CST
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly pay
- Bonus opportunities ($500 contract completion bonus after 13 week contract with no cancels)
Responsibilities of the Certified Surgical Technologist, CST
- Assembles all surgical supplies and equipment for scheduled and emergency procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares the patient for the procedure by appropriately cleansing and shaving the surgical site as requested by the surgeon and/or in accordance with the contracting employer’s policies and procedures.
- Positions and drapes patients appropriately for procedures as directed by the surgeon or other members of the surgical team.
- Participates in the correct identification of the patient and the correct surgical procedure with other members of the surgical team in accordance with the contracting employer’s policies and procedures.
- Assists other members of the surgical team in gowning and gloving prior to the procedure.
- Participates in the surgical procedure under the direction of the surgeon by passing instruments, holding retractors, cutting sutures and assisting in instrument and sharps counts.
- Demonstrates sufficient knowledge of surgical procedures to anticipate the needs of the surgeon in supplying the appropriate instruments, suction, and sutures.
- Prepares surgical specimens for transport to lab.
- Assists in the application of the appropriate dressings and/or casts following the procedure as directed by the surgeon or circulating nurse.
Requirements of the Certified Surgical Technologist, CST
- Current licensure as a CST in the State of Indiana
- Active BLS
- 2+ years of recent/relevant experience
- Must be able to work effectively independently, yet work together as part of a team
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure
- Proficient at taking vital signs and administering medication accordingly