Certified Surgical Technologist, CST, PRN - Indianapolis - $42/hr
Currently looking for qualified Operating Room Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) candidates for PRN positions. first come first serve basis, at great facilities in Indianapolis! These are high speed environments! Interested candidates must hold active BLS and have the ability to remain calm under pressure. Current pay is $42 per hour,. These are day and night shift PRN shifts. 1-2 years of recent experience required.
Benefits for the Certified Surgical Technologist, CST
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly pay
- Bonus opportunities ($500 contract completion bonus after 13 week contract with no cancels)
Responsibilities of the Certified Surgical Technologist, CST
- Assembles all surgical supplies and equipment for scheduled and emergency procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares the patient for the procedure by appropriately cleansing and shaving the surgical site as requested by the surgeon and/or in accordance with the contracting employer’s policies and procedures.
- Positions and drapes patients appropriately for procedures as directed by the surgeon or other members of the surgical team.
- Participates in the correct identification of the patient and the correct surgical procedure with other members of the surgical team in accordance with the contracting employer’s policies and procedures.
- Assists other members of the surgical team in gowning and gloving prior to the procedure.
- Participates in the surgical procedure under the direction of the surgeon by passing instruments, holding retractors, cutting sutures and assisting in instrument and sharps counts.
- Demonstrates sufficient knowledge of surgical procedures to anticipate the needs of the surgeon in supplying the appropriate instruments, suction, and sutures.
- Prepares surgical specimens for transport to lab.
- Assists in the application of the appropriate dressings and/or casts following the procedure as directed by the surgeon or circulating nurse.
Requirements of the Certified Surgical Technologist, CST
- Current licensure as a CST in the State of Indiana
- Active BLS
- 2+ years of recent/relevant experience
- Must be able to work effectively independently, yet work together as part of a team
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure
- Proficient at taking vital signs and administering medication accordingly