Bold thinking leads to transformative change. The world needs big ideas to solve our climate, affordability, and equity crises. That’s where you come in. Align your career with greater purpose at McKinstry.
As a national leader in designing, constructing, operating, and maintaining high-performing buildings, McKinstry provides a single point of accountability across the entire building lifecycle, from new construction and ongoing operations to adaptive reuse, energy retrofits, and advanced renewable energy systems. We get up every day to transform the built environment for the betterment of our clients and our communities.
Never satisfied, we are compelled by our values to eliminate barriers standing in the way of a better-built environment. We design, build, optimize and maintain high-performing facilities.
Here's where you come in:
McKinstry cannot succeed without you. We are currently seeking a Commissioning Engineer to join our growing Western Washington Technical Services team. Your passion, experience and endless curiosity are the missing piece in our drive for transformative change.
At McKinstry, commissioning is respected as an essential part of project delivery and a preferred method for ensuring building systems are installed and operated to reach maximum performance. You are essential to our built environment reaching its high-performing potential. Newly built buildings need you to ensure they operate as designed. Existing buildings need your capable hands to fine-tune operations.
Commissioning engineers are the all-to-often unsung heroes of the built environment. We recognize and value your proven leadership in high-performance buildings across:
Technical and Consulting Services:
· Helping our clients make decisions to improve efficiency and lower operating costs.
· Ensuring buildings deliver maximize comfort for the life of the building.
· Developing, managing and coordinating project-specific commissioning plans.
· Performing commissioning activities on a variety of building systems.
· Verifying building system compliance to engineering specifications.
· Reviewing system installation, functional performance and control systems operations.
· Demonstrated proficiency as a commissioning engineer.
· At least three (3) years of relevant commissioning experience.
· Proven understanding and efficient use of building automation systems.
· Working knowledge of mechanical and control systems.
· Intermediate knowledge and understanding of fire/life safety, plumbing, lighting and security systems.
· Ability to read, understand and identify potential issues within construction documents.
· Advanced proficiency with MS Suite skills including Project, Excel and Word.
· Verbal and written communication skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent work experience.
Transformational change requires bold action. We must decarbonize our buildings and energy assets to combat climate change. We must tackle the affordability crisis by innovating waste out of our supply chain and dramatically cutting costs through improved productivity. We must deliver equitable outcomes to ensure healthy, high-performing buildings for all. Together, Building a Thriving Planet.
More than just words on a wall, our values speak to who we are, the ideals we hold in high esteem, and the behaviors that demonstrate our unique culture. Action for Impact is our plan for transformative change. We look to make a lasting impact on our industry and within our communities by addressing the climate, affordability, and equity crises head-on.
Building a collective commitment: Our values demand that we take accountability for diversity, equity, and inclusion. No single individual or organization can stem the tide of inequity alone. We must work together
People represent our most valued asset. By investing in our employees, we are also investing in the ongoing success of our company. We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive, PeopleFirst benefits package to promote health and wellness, enhance work/life balance and ensure long-term stability for our employees and their families. Some of these benefits include:
· A robust internal mobility program to help you develop your career
· Competitive pay backed by 401(k) and profit-sharing plans.
· Comprehensive medical, prescription drugs, vision, and dental.
· Orca Card and free parking
· Business mileage reimbursement and/or electric fleet vehicles for business travel and meetings
· Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
· Adoption and IVF assistance.
· Paid time off.
· McKinstry University training and development.
· McKinstry wellness programs and on-site gyms.
· Community service and employee-directed charitable giving.
The pay range for this position is $69,300 - $122,200 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A bonus may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Base pay information is based on market location.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks