Bold thinking leads to transformative change. The world needs big ideas to solve our climate, affordability, and equity crises. That’s where you come in. Align your career with greater purpose at McKinstry.
As a national leader in designing, constructing, operating, and maintaining high-performing buildings, McKinstry provides a single point of accountability across the entire building lifecycle, from new construction and ongoing operations to adaptive reuse, energy retrofits, and advanced renewable energy systems. We get up every day to transform the built environment for the betterment of our clients and our communities.
Never satisfied, we are compelled by our values to eliminate barriers standing in the way of a better-built environment. We design, build, optimize and maintain high-performing facilities.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join us as a member of our growing Pasco Construction team. Would you thrive in a collaborative team environment where you are developing strategies, goals, and objectives for a variety of projects in our growing Columbia Basin business? Are you motivated by delivering successful projects safely, on time, and on budget with high client satisfaction? If so, this opportunity could be for you.
You're great at:
· You will transition project management and engineer activities through the design - construction - completion phase.
· You will support and provide input to development strategies, goals, and objectives specific to project execution at each project phase.
· You will develop and manage project plans, schedules, and scopes of work.
· You will assume financial responsibility for projects including accurate, timely, and relevant reporting to stakeholders
· You will prepare client and subcontractor change orders.
· You will monitor, control, and report on the financial performance of projects.
· You will take responsibility for the development and implementation of a comprehensive construction plan and monitors progress towards goals to anticipate potential problems.
· You will coach and mentor project team members.
· You will develop project staffing plans to include labor, subcontractors, etc.
· You will act as a steward of McKinstry culture and communicate and influence policies and procedures.
What we would like to see from you:
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent professional experience required
· Eight (8) years of experience in project management, engineering, or construction is required
· Experience working for a General Contractor or Major Mechanical Subcontractor preferred
· Proficient with scheduling software: Microsoft Project, Primavera and/or Suretrak preferred
· Completed OSHA 30 class is required
· Basic estimating skills preferred
· Demonstrates an understanding of accounting and financial management preferred
· Ability and willingness to travel in the Columbia Basin
Transformational change requires bold action. We must decarbonize our buildings and energy assets to combat climate change. We must tackle the affordability crisis by innovating waste out of our supply chain and dramatically cutting costs through improved productivity. We must deliver equitable outcomes to ensure healthy, high-performing buildings for all.
People represent our most valued asset. By investing in our employees, we are also investing in the ongoing success of our company. We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive, PeopleFirst benefits package to promote health and wellness, enhance work/life balance and ensure long-term stability for our employees and their families. Some of these benefits include:
· Competitive pay backed by 401(k) and profit-sharing plans.
· Comprehensive medical, prescription drugs, vision, and dental.
· Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
· Adoption and IVF assistance.
· Paid time off.
· McKinstry University training and development.
· McKinstry wellness programs and on-site gyms.
· Community service and employee-directed charitable giving.
The pay range for this position is $75,870 - $145,200 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A bonus may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Base pay information is based on market location.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess current US Work Authorization, and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.