Controller - You will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning and budget management functions. You will ensure the company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles and will develop and maintain accounting systems to meet Company goals.
We are looking for someone who has a hands-on management approach and who actively participates in the day to day tasks and operations. This position will work primarily in the office in Roseville, MN with potential to work remote 1-2 days per week after training.
Become a part of Interim HealthCare and:
- Work with an amazing group of people every day!
- Make a difference in your life and the lives of others.
- Be a part of a company that has been improving people’s lives for more than 40 years.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- HSA (Health Savings Account) with Company Contribution
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- FSA (Flex Spending Account)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Recognition Programs
- Locally owned and operated
A few must-haves for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, Masters or in progress of Masters degree preferred.
- Five-Seven years of professional accounting and finance experience.
- Experience with small business is preferred.
- Three years of experience having direct supervision of reports.
- CPA preferred
- Experience in Healthcare preferred
Essential Functions: These items are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this job description with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions.
- Recommend, develop and record benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of each service line/department.
- Manages day-to-day activities of assigned accounting staff for productivity, quality of work and completion of assigned tasks within established deadlines.
- Supervises activities specifically associated with month end closings and preparation of related financial reports. Verifies the accuracy of month end reports and provides approval for distribution.
- Manages accounting department personnel; including Payroll, AR, AP, Billing, Collections.
- Oversees the preparation of Medicare, Medicaid and other State financial reports. Ensures that all financial reports are submitted timely and accurately.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Prepare financial analysis for new business development and contract negotiations.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
- Work with department managers and owners to develop, one, three and five-year projections.
- Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing ensuring the department’s goals and objectives.
- Active engagement in leadership team to oversee and advise from the finance department perspective.
- Oversee financial management of operations to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Provides feedback to management on specific problems related to the accounting procedures and practices; keeps management current on issues with material financial impact.
- Ensures adherence to generally accepted accounting principles, policies and procedures; maintains clear audit trails, and provides accurate and timely financial reports.
- Trains staff and monitors their performance, counsels for improvement and development.
- Ensures proper controls are developed, implemented and adhered to standard accounting principles, audit considerations, government compliance and investor reporting.
- Monitors lines of credit regularly.
- Project management as requested.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, apply now!
Visit our website at https://www.interimhealthcare.com/twincitiesinc/home/ for more information or find us at @Interim HealthCare of the Twin Cities
Mission, Vision and Values of Interim HealthCare of the Twin Cities:
Our vision is to be the provider of choice for Home Care and Hospice through our values of integrity, compassion, customer focus, innovation and financial responsibility. We offer a wide variety of home care ranging from skilled nursing, physical therapy and other licensed health care services, which helps with the every day tasks that let people continue living at home where they are most comfortable. Additionally we provide hospice care in the home that can make loved ones as comfortable as possible and provide support to the family, allowing them to concentrate on spending quality time together. Interim’s mission is firmly rooted in its long tradition of helping people maintain their safety, independence and dignity in an environment of mutual respect and compassion. Interim HealthCare’s mission - Improving People’s Lives.
Interim HealthCare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.