CST - Springfield, IL - $71/hr
Certified Surgical Technologist, CST
Currently looking for qualified Certified Surgical Technologists candidates to fill potential staffing opportunities in Springfield at great hospitals in Illinois. These are 13 week contract positions in the Springfield, IL area on day and night shift. You must have 1-2 years of recent experience. Current pay rate is $71 per hour. You must have an Illinois nursing license!
Benefits for the Certified Surgical Technologist, CST
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly pay
- Bonus opportunities ($500 contract completion bonus after 13 week contract with no cancels)
Responsibilities of the Certified Surgical Technologist, CST
- Assembles all surgical supplies and equipment for scheduled and emergency procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares the patient for the procedure by appropriately cleansing and shaving the surgical site as requested by the surgeon and/or in accordance with the contracting employer’s policies and procedures.
- Positions and drapes patients appropriately for procedures as directed by the surgeon or other members of the surgical team.
- Participates in the correct identification of the patient and the correct surgical procedure with other members of the surgical team in accordance with the contracting employer’s policies and procedures.
- Assists other members of the surgical team in gowning and gloving prior to the procedure.
- Participates in the surgical procedure under the direction of the surgeon by passing instruments, holding retractors, cutting sutures and assisting in instrument and sharps counts.
- Demonstrates sufficient knowledge of surgical procedures to anticipate the needs of the surgeon in supplying the appropriate instruments, suction, and sutures.
- Prepares surgical specimens for transport to lab.
- Assists in the application of the appropriate dressings and/or casts following the procedure as directed by the surgeon or circulating nurse.
Requirements of the Certified Surgical Technologist, CST
- Current licensure as a CST in the State of Illinois.
- Active BLS
- 2+ years of recent/relevant experience
- Must be able to work effectively independently, yet work together as part of a team
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure
- Proficient at taking vital signs and administering medication accordingly