Digital IC Engineer
Are you an experienced Digital IC Engineer? If so, let’s talk!
Our client is actively seeking a talented Digital IC Engineer to work with a team located in Mineral, VA. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with our client, with the possibility of extension.
Standard Design Quals (REQUIRED)
- We need folks with utility side design quals, from utilities that have INPO accredited Training and Qualification programs.
- IF they don’t have nuclear utility design quals we can transfer, we just cannot use them. Under our procedures, we MUST have (paper) qualified engineers to perform reviews of design packages.
- Need strategic thinkers and spec writers; can’t do that without experience
- Spec writing, technical writing, engineering writing
- Experience with design change process; standard qualifications for design changes
- Emerson Ovation – tons of people outside of nuclear have this experience and we are willing to entertain those people
- Can be difficult to attract people to nuclear because of the documentation so we may have to dip outside of the nuclear well to find people – chemical or mechanical backgrounds
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Industrial Control Systems such as Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and/or Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems and associated control system devices, computers, communications, and networks;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with power generation Industrial Control Systems and skills in the use of advanced control techniques;
- In-depth knowledge of industry advances in control system monitoring, testing and analysis of control equipment; and controls theory;
- Knowledge and experience of power plant controls, steam turbine control systems, combustion turbine control systems, balance of plant control systems;
- Knowledge and experience of electrical and electronics theory;
- Strong technical leadership skills and strong verbal/written communication skills;
- Computer packaged software skills
- What soft skill requirements do you have (team fit and personality requirements)?
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
High Level Project Overview:
- Accountability for schedule and technical quality of engineering tasks with client expectations, scope, budget, and schedule.
- Provide on-site assistance during design, planning, and construction of digital control system upgrades
- Provide decision making support for all aspects of the process control, instrumentation, and automation upgrade projects
- Control panel design, including power and environmental considerations
- Knowledge of instrumentation including temperature, pressure, flow, and analytical instrumentation. Understand the principles of operations, terminology, safety considerations, and applications for common analytical instruments
- Knowledge of control valves including valve sizing, positioner selection, and integration into DCS
- Experience with HART devices
- Experience with virtualized server architectures
- Familiarity with NEI 08-09 Cyber Security controls and software tools to implement them
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Preferred Years of Experience:
- At least 10 years of experience working with Instrumentation and Controls
- 6+ years of directly related Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) experience working on power plants or related heavy industrial applications.
- An Engineering Degree from and ABET Accredited Institution
Job Requisition # 36289
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this role is $77.00 - $82.00 per hour.
The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.
General Description of Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, 401(K) and other supplemental coverage.
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.