The Development Office seeks a full-time Director of Annual andCampaign Giving to provide leadership for all fundraising effortsfrom Collegiate School parents, past parents, grandparents andalumni. This individual will be responsible for the futuresuccess of the School’s $4M+ annual fund and any upcoming campaignefforts. The ideal candidate will possess a strong backgroundin individual fundraising with a focus on prospect and volunteermanagement. This individual will also approach the School’sfundraising initiatives with creativity and drive, providingcohesive leadership across all efforts. Additionally, the Directorof Annual and Campaign Giving must possess an enthusiasticcommitment to the importance of building and sustaining a diverse,just, inclusive, and equitable academic environment.
Under the general direction of the Director of Development, theDirector of Annual and Campaign Giving is responsible for managingSchool-wide fundraising initiatives, fundraising communication, andfundraising volunteer management. Collaborating with a wide-varietyof constituents across all elements of the School environment, thisrole is critical to creating a cohesive and comprehensivefundraising program supporting the mission of the School and itsfaculty, staff, students, and programs. This full-timeposition may require weekend or week night work.
- Oversees a comprehensive prospectmanagement process that allows a cohesive approach to prospectsolicitation across a variety of fundraising approaches, includingbut not limited to the Annual Fund, future campaigns, and theSchool’s benefit;
- Manages and executes all elements ofa $4M+ Annual fund that is an essential part of the School’sbudget;
- Develops, organizes, and monitors allannual fund related materials, including direct mail solicitations,a philanthropy guide and all accompanying pieces;
- Identifies, trains, motivates, andmanages all fundraising volunteers, both focused on the Annual Fundand on any School-wide campaigns;
- Identifies leadership gift prospects,coordinates prospect research, manages combined solicitations, andensures prospects are properly managed by staff and/or volunteersolicitation efforts;
- Ensures website and giving materialsproperly reflect methods of giving; manages gifts ofsecurities/wire transfers in partnership with team members in theBusiness Office;
- Oversees an appropriate giftacknowledge process ensuring that donors feel appropriatelyacknowledged and thanked for their support;
- Develops and executes donor thank youevents for Annual Fund donors;
- Works with Development team members,to ensure proper recording of donor information, gifts and toproduce appropriate financial and donor statistical reports;
- Organizes phonathons, textathons,thank you writing campaigns and an annual community-wide GivingDay;
- Performs related duties asassigned.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university isrequired. Master’s degree or higher preferred. Must possess aminimum of five to seven years of fundraising experience. Must be astrong communicator. Experience with Raiser’s Edge and GiveCampuspreferred.
- Must be able to complete abackground check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability and willingness toparticipate fully in a dynamic day school located in New YorkCity;
- Knowledge of fundraising bestpractices and trends;
- General knowledge of constituentdatabases, reporting, and related technologies as they apply toK-12 education;
- Experience managing and motivatingvolunteers;
- Ability to prioritize and manage ownschedule;
- Ability to work cooperatively andeffectively with others;
- Creative and strategic thinkingabilities;
- Excellent communication skills, bothorally and in writing;
- Ability to multitask, keep calm underpressure, and treat everyone with respect;
- Displays curiosity, a positiveattitude, flexibility, and a good sense of humor;
- Ability to follow all policies andprocedures of the School as written in the employee and parenthandbooks.