Director of Contracts and Procurement
Southwestern University, located in Georgetown, has an immediate opening for a Business Analyst position. This position provides leadership and advanced skills in the review and negotiation of contracts in compliance with applicable laws and University policies and procedures. The Director of Contracts and Procurement will provide functional expertise and support for the implementation of the procurement process. This position also Assists with the development of contracting and purchasing policies and procedures and related technologies. This is an in-person, full-time, twelve-month position with full benefits who reports to the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
- Review, negotiate, and draft business-related agreements and associated documents for the University, including advanced, complex contracts; analyze, negotiate, and draft terms and conditions for business agreements to ensure protection of the University, compliance with applicable state laws, and University regulations. Develops, implements and manages service level agreements for the procurement of goods, services and leases Coordinate with the Vice President for Finance and Administration and other departments on procurement solicitations that will result in formal agreements to ensure appropriate terms are included in the solicitation, and the scope of work will effectively transfer to the agreement; develop resulting agreements. Negotiate directly with business entities, including their legal representatives, in completion of a wide range of contracting processes; lead and facilitate contract negotiation processes working with the Vice President for Finance and Administration; establish and maintain internal/external relations with contracting entities and other relevant agencies and organizations. Collaborate with and provide effective direction to departments on various contracting projects and issues, including basic contract terms and conditions. Proactively identify process improvement opportunities and support continuous improvement initiatives, including identifying and recommending procurement opportunities to further procurement strategies. Investigates, develops and promotes the use of progressive supply chain tools and technologies to accomplish procurement objectives Develop, review and amend informal and formal solicitations, Request for Proposals (RFPs). Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Invitations for Bids (IFB) in accordance with policies, procedures with University, applicable state and federal rules and regulations and best practices. Assist with the analysis of bids and proposals for responsiveness, responsibility and conformance to specifications.
- Perform other essential duties and tasks as assigned and related to this role.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Job related experience and skills:
- Minimum of five years’ contracts and procurement experience Experience developing business contracts, reviewing and negotiating complex contracts. Knowledge of leading practices in procurement and strategic sourcing Excellent knowledge of end-to-end supply management processes including competitive bidding, contract negotiation and management, supplier performance management, and life-cycle costing processes. Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication, conflict resolution and stakeholder relationship management skills to engage others, build consensus and resolve issues Proficient computer skills with advanced skills on MS Office applications including Excel Ability to develop policies and operational procedures for campus as a whole; interprets and applies complex directives, policies, regulations, statutes, and procedures, and/or written guidelines for a department or major work group. Must exercise excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating poise, tact, diplomacy and an ability to establish and maintain effective working/professional relationships with internal and external University constituents; Have knowledge, understanding, and acceptance of cultural differences and the diversity within the campus and community. Ability to responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information and situations. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated a strong work ethic. Ability to be flexible, adjust to fluctuating priorities, and produce reliable work product.
Preferred Position Requirements:
- Graduate degree from an accredited institution in the legal field 7 years of experience reviewing and negotiating contracts; procurement experience
- Proven management skills. Demonstrated leadership skills, including a strong work ethic. Willingness to adhere to the University’s core values. Have knowledge, understanding, and acceptance of cultural differences and the diversity within the campus and community. Demonstrated professional manner with all internal and external constituents. Ability to be flexible, adjust to fluctuating priorities, and produce reliable work product.
Southwestern University offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, 15-paid holidays, two weeks of vacation, sick leave, tuition assistance, access to athletic facilities, free parking and discounted meal rates. Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. For information concerning the University, visit our Web site at www.southwestern.edu.
To apply: The University will only accept application materials through Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/119357. Interested persons must submit a letter of interest, resume, the name and contact information of three professional references, and salary expectation. Email and paper applications will not be accepted. Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Search Committee. The Committee will review all completed applications until the position is filled. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. EOE/M/F