Director of Enrollment Marketing
The Director of Enrollment Marketing plans organizes, leads, and controls branding, strategic, targeted, and marketing and advertising, as well as institutional collateral materials.
- Manage implementation of the marketing strategy - including campaigns, event promotion, digital advertising, and social media.
- Strategize and devise targeted/geographical student recruitment marketing plans through Slate.
- Oversee and generate content for postcards, brochures, emails, websites, social media, and other potential communication vehicles that focus on highlighting the accomplishments of students, alumni, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Work closely with the university's admissions counselors, assisting them in meeting their recruitment objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials, and presentations.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to develop and maintain a strategic perspective - based on marketplace and student needs - in organizational direction and decision-making to ensure the overall health and vitality of the university.
- Team with graphic design, marketing, multimedia professionals, and external vendors on communication and marketing initiatives.
- Author and proofread admissions materials (letters, brochures, etc.), as needed.
- Attend on- and off-campus meetings and conferences, as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality of information (including but not limited to: student and employee personal information, student grades, etc.), both during and after their employment with the university. Any question regarding the confidentiality of material, should be referred to the supervisor. Any violation shall subject the employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, English or related field.
- Exceptional skills in communications, marketing, and interpersonal relations.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic communications and research-based marketing plans.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, and personal skills.
- Proven ability to write engaging content for a variety of audiences in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent business analytics, relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem-solving, and change management skills.
- Demonstrate a professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, dynamic, and creative with the ability to work on own initiatives.
- Passion for accuracy, detail, and style.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Understand how to create content for targeted audiences and evaluate its performance.
- Extensive knowledge of social media and emerging technologies.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in communications, marketing, English or a related field is required. A master's degree and/or professional certification in marketing or public relations is preferred.
- At least five years of experience in marketing and/or communications in one or more of the following settings: education, not-for-profit, government, business and/or industry, is required.
- A valid New York State driver's license is required that satisfies both University and insurance company underwriting rules and regulations for driving a motor vehicle.