Any salary estimation specified by this job board may or may not align with our organization’s pay philosophy. Apply to connect with a Talent Acquisition Partner who can provide more details!
About American Ordnance
At American Ordnance, we know the stakes and We do what we say! ® We’re the team working behind the scenes to make sure our nation’s front lines have safe, high-quality ammunition. As a trusted premier manufacturer of ammunition to the U.S. Military, some of our capabilities range from production of direct and indirect fire, warheads, to special projects and beyond. With more than 70 years of experience and Day & Zimmermann behind us, it’s no surprise that our teams consistently exceed expectations! Come join in on our purpose – We put people to work, we protect American freedoms, and we help our customers power and improve the world! https://aollc.biz
We’re looking for a full-time, staff Director of Human Resources to join our American Ordnance team located in Middletown, IA. As Director, you’ll lead Human Resources for two sites (Middletown, IA and Milan, TN) supporting ~ 800 union, hourly and salaried employees. You will serve as a strategic business partner to the business unit leadership team, drive workforce planning and effective staffing to support consistent and stable operations within the business. The Director is responsible for aligning, prioritizing and implementing HR programs and practices to ensure short/long term organizational success.
This position is fully onsite and operates with a 4 day workweek.
As the Director of Human Resources, here’s the work you’ll do:
• Serve as a strategic business partner to the American Ordnance leadership team.
• Leads a high performing HR organization that provides a high level of customer service.
• Lead Labor and Employee relations, inclusive of promoting constructive relationships, negotiating and implementing CBAs for 10 unions and responding proactively to employee and labor relations concerns.
• Provide management and oversight for all HR initiatives relative to talent acquisition, talent management, performance management, employee relations, total rewards, DE&I, and process/compliance/technology.
• Leads organizational change related to growth, efficiency initiatives, and technology implementations.
• Partners with leadership to understand business needs, future state requirements, stakeholders, behavioral shifts, structural change, training and communication implications, etc.
• Ensures compliance of HR programs, practices and processes with employment law, company policy and federal regulations associated with being a federal contractor.
This role is for you if you have these skills:
• Understand business strategy and how to align and prioritize HR processes and practices to support the organization’s vision and goals
• Strong investigative and analytical skills; able to work through necessary channels to accomplish outcomes in complex settings
• Interpersonal savvy to relate comfortably and diffuse conflict situations
• Strong ability to consult, partner and lead change
• Strong working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including staffing, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity and performance management
And if you have these qualifications:
• BA/BS, Masters degree preferred
• 10 or more years of HR experience in a related industry managing multiple sites
• SPHR preferred
• Open to Travel (up to 20%)
• Great attitude and team player.
• Successful completion of background screening process.
We care about our employees and it shows. Our staff receive a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/Rx, dental and vision coverage; life, AD&D and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 100% paid maternity leave for up to 12 weeks, parental leave, family leave, other paid time off; voluntary benefits and discount programs to meet our employees’ individual needs including pet insurance for our furry family members!
To ensure a safe work environment while meeting the physical demands of the job, you must be able to perform the following physical and mental tasks, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery.
- Balancing (e.g. maintaining equilibrium when walking, climbing, crouching, etc.)
- Stooping (e.g. bending the spine at the waist)
- Reaching (e.g. reaching the arms or legs in any direction)
- Lifting motion or lifting objects more than 15 pounds
- Repetitive motion of any part of the body
- Kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Manual Dexterity (e.g. picking, pinching, typing, or other working that uses fingers)
- Grasping (e.g. use of hand to apply pressure)
- Feeling (e.g. perceiving an object’s size, shape, texture, etc.)
- Climbing (e.g. ascending/descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, pole, etc. using feet and legs and hands/arms to climb)
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time.
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions.
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to express thoughts orally.
- Ability to regularly perform all job functions at Company’s office or worksite.
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? APPLY NOW! Talent Acquisition Partner: James Marshall
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
American Ordnance, A Day & Zimmermann Company is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over a century of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. American Ordnance is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location