Distribution Attendant - Des Plaines, IL - 5650
In this position, you will be responsible for all duties
related to LTL, TL, receiving, and replenishing. Utilizing a stand-up and
sit-lift, you will pick products, load trucks, and unload trucks. Utilize a
cherry picker occasionally to verify locations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all
- Opens boxes, and other containers, using company approved hand tools,
i.e. company issued retractable utility knives.
- Unload incoming deliveries per work instructions and verifies against
- Notify manager of “out of stocks”.
- Ability to drive stand-up/sit-down forklifts
and cherry picker (MY RECOMMENDATION: Ability
to operate and follow training on forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and
other warehouse equipment/machinery as needed)
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment,
sense of urgency.
- High School
- 3-4 years
forklift experience preferred
have good attendance and safety record.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Lift/pull/push 1-25 pounds frequently and 50 pounds infrequently
Able to work on a standing work environment.
Warehouse conditions –Mimics temperature outside.
Hours of work – Standard day is 8 hours. Must be able to work up to 12
hours/day frequently, 7 days/week infrequently
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.