EL Assistant Manager
3448 Artesia - Pioneer
Manages an assigned shift in a restaurant, responsible for contributing to sales and profit goals, ensuring guest satisfaction, and following company policies.
Placement in the Organization:
Reports to the General Manager.
- Ensures restaurant operations comply with El Pollo Loco procedures and standards during assigned shift.
- Ensures all menu items are prepared, portioned, and presented correctly in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner according to all established procedures and standards.
- Ensures QSC standards and cost controls are followed, through effective shift management.
- Ensures the restaurant is in full compliance with appropriate local, state, and federal regulations governing health, sanitation, work hours, age restrictions, and safety, during his/her shift.
- Implements new products, programs and procedures according to company expectations, at the direction of the General Manager.
- Trains and develops employees. Oversees and implements development plans set forth by the General Manager.
- Opens and closes the restaurant according to El Pollo Loco procedures and standards.
- Responds to customer complaints and provides guidance to employees to ensure exceptional guest service. Informs General Manager or District Manager of significant guest complaints.
- At the direction of the General Manager, places and receives orders with vendors and manages delivery exceptions.
- Makes recruitment and selection recommendations to the General Manager for the hiring of crewmembers.
- Performs administrative tasks as assigned by the General Manager, such as posting invoices, conducting inventory, opening and closing administration, logging repairs and maintenance. May assist in writing crewmember schedules.
- At the direction of the General Manager, participates in LSM projects and catering.
- Supervises crewmembers to follow all safety & security programs and procedures during assigned shift, to ensure the safety of restaurant employees and guests. Accountable for the timely handling and reporting of all accidents to minimize risk.
- Conducts employee meetings as assigned.
- Reports employee issues to the General Manager, District Manager, or Human Resources Manager, as appropriate.
- At the direction of the General Manager, takes corrective disciplinary action up to dismissing an employee from a shift and recommending termination.
- Participates in personnel administration such as maintaining records as well as documentations, and following timekeeping procedures, as directed by the General Manager.
- Accounts for all company funds and inventory on assigned shifts, and ensures that cash handling, banking, and security procedures are in effect.
- Effectively implements WKS-El Pollo Loco’s commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, religion, national origin, veteran status or disability and ensures a harassment free work environment for all employees and guests of the restaurant during their shift.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Must possess a high school degree or equivalent.
- Be able to speak, read and write English.
- Must have use of personal car; valid driver’s license
- Meet state, county, or municipal regulation pertaining to health and food handling.
- Must possess basic computer and math skills, including understanding of units of measurement.
- Must possess at least one year experience in the hospitality industry, or proven performance for three months as an El Pollo Loco Shift Leader.
- Extensive standing
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, and cold.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided.
- Exposure able to work irregular hours and under heavy pressure/stress during busy periods.
- Bending, reaching, and walking.
- Using telephone.
- Communicating with customers.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Pay Range: $15.50 - $25.50
Listed wages are based on company-wide ranges. Actual earnings will vary based on factors such as: restaurant brand, experience, education, geography, applicable minimum wage, unit volume(s), hours worked & potential overtime pay.