Forklift Operator - 1st Shift
Forklift Operator - 1st Shift - Build a career at STIHL today!
- $16 an hour
- Temp to Hire
- 401K + Pension – after permanent hire
- 7AM-7PM (Rotating 12 hour shift)
- Week one: Weds, Thurs, Fri
- Week two: Mon, Tues, Sat, Sun
The Lee Group is seeking forklift operators to work a 1st shift schedule at STIHL INC., located in Virginia Beach, VA. We are looking for skilled workers, who don’t mind working at least 12 hours in a shift. This forklift role could be entry in to long-term employment at a reputable manufacturing facility. Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
- 1+ years of forklift experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to Pass Background Check and Drug Screen
- Personal Reliable Transportation
- Unloads received items from trucks or other transit containers and transfer items to designated stock location
- Receives work orders from supervisor or other oral instructions to ascertain orders to be filled.
- Picks orders by visually identifying part numbers, quantities and types.
- Packages order by applying approved methods to ensure safety of shipping and moves to appropriate staging location.
- Prepares completed orders for shipping using accepted methods determined by transit type, such as FedEx or commercial transit.
- Creates labels and other supporting documentation for shipping.
- Records transactions as required.
- May load trucks or other transit containers with completed orders when necessary, ensuring safe operation and secure packing for over the road transit.
- May record material transfers, storage and other movements on RF scanners, ensuring accuracy of information.
- Follows all defined safety procedures and uses judgment to ensure safe work methods
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as needed.
The Lee Group is driven by our purpose and passion – Aligning talent, Growing Businesses and Changing Lives! And that’s what the right job can mean for a family and what the right employees can mean for a business.
We get up every day and come to work for 1 reason: Putting the right people, in the right seats.
We are guided by our Core Values:
- We are purpose driven to change people’s lives.
- We are approachable and genuine, with a great sense of fun.
- We are authentic straight shooters, unafraid of the truth.
- We get it, our business and our customers.
- We get it right!
Work with us and we will put over 50 years of experience to work for you!!
The Lee Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.