Human Resources Manager
To apply, please visit:
Then click APPLY NOW to start your application
Who we are
The Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) works closely with local governments and other community partners throughout Clark County to address issues of affordable housing and homelessness and help families break the cycle of poverty.
Who we are looking for
The Vancouver Housing Authority is seeking a Human Resource Manager to perform a variety of consultative, professional, and technical duties in support of the Vancouver Housing Authority employees and affiliated non-profits. The HR Managers serves as a resource to VHA management and staff on human resources issues and ensures consistent application of program goals and objectives. This position works closely with the HR Team that provides other support in areas of recruiting, benefits administration, HRIS, and payroll.
What you'll do
• Consults with, and provides guidance to, department heads, supervisors, and staff regarding human resources policies and procedures, labor agreements, disciplinary procedures and due process requirements, policy interpretation, employee relations, employee grievances, benefits administration and compensation procedures.
• Participates in the development and implementation of Human Resource goals, objectives, policies and priorities. Ensures all policies and procedures are administered and applied fairly, consistently, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Assists department directors and supervisors with discipline issues. Provides education and coaching to staff and supervisors and develops and/or reviews associated documentation. Ensures that all legal, procedural, and policy issues are appropriately addressed.
• Assist the CAO in the coordination and review of labor relations matters. Ensuring that negotiated agreements are followed and consistently applied. Assists the CAO with negotiations as a member of the bargaining team and keeps officer fully informed of all labor relations issues.
• Assist the CAO in administering the Authority performance management system. Develops and/or adjusts performance review standards to enhance effectiveness, ensures proper notification of evaluation time frames, and provides assistance to management staff in developing and implementing performance plans.
• Monitors VHA training activities, identifies organizational training needs, develops or identifies programs to meet the organization’s needs, and monitors program effectiveness in meeting training objective goals.
• Recommends personnel practices as necessary to foster positive employer-employee relations and promote positive employee morale.
• Maintains current knowledge of best practices and developing industry trends and innovations. Keeps appropriate Human Resources department staff abreast of changes in relevant laws and regulations.
• Consistently complies with position and department safety and attendance standards.
• Establishes and maintains positive, productive relationships with employees, residents, public officials, vendors, and other work related contacts.
What we offer
• The STARTING SALARY RANGE for this position is $86,856 - $92,000 per year based on experience. The full salary range for this position is $86,856 - $133,752 per year. The final candidate for this position will be paid within the STARTING SALARY RANGE.
• Full-time, exempt position.
• 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
• Benefits package also includes 10.39% paid into WA PERS by employer, 12 company paid holidays, and generous paid time off and separate sick time accrual.
• Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
What you'll bring
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business, public administration, industrial relations, liberal arts, or related field. Masters in related field in preferred. Directly relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the required degree.
• Eight years’ human resource experience involving recruitment and selection, training, benefits, employee relations, HRIS, policies and procedures, labor relations and related human resources experience.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple human resource functions such as recruiting, compensation, benefits, and/or employee relations required.
• Public sector experience preferred.
• PHR/SPHR/GPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certification is preferred.
• Depending upon assignment, a WA driver’s license with acceptable driving record and auto insurance may be required.
• A minimum of two years’ supervisory experience.
A cover letter and resume are required when applying for this position. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.vhausa.org. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.