Individual Giving and Events Manager
Launched in 2019, THECITY is New York City’s preeminent nonprofit, nonpartisan,local news organization. Working across all five boroughs, ouraward-winning journalists bring deeply diverse skills andbackgrounds to the task of covering New York’s neighborhoods,holding the powerful to account, and making sense of the greatestcity in the world, particularly in these unprecedentedtimes.
THE CITY is seeking a talented, versatile, mission-drivenindividual to join our team as a full-time Individual Giving andEvents Manager. This position will join a five-member developmentand communications team and play a key, strategic role in helpingTHE CITY deepen fundraising capacity. Reporting to the Director ofDevelopment, this position will be responsible for implementing arobust events and individuals giving strategy that builds andmaintains donor relationships and increases individual support andengagement across giving levels.
What You Will be Doing
- Collaborate in creating andimplementing effective strategies to meet and exceed individualgiving revenue goals.
- Maintain direct relationships withdonors and build new relationships by creating opportunities forengagement with THE CITY and by highlighting the organization’sreporting and impact.
- Collaborate with Membership Managerto develop and execute fundraising appeals to meet annualfundraising goals and implement a robust moves management strategyfor higher level membership donors.
- Collaborate with the Director ofDevelopment to create and implement an annual strategy around allevent activity including cultivation, fundraising and revenuegenerating events.
- Conceive and executeincome-generating strategies for fundraising events, includingsponsorship and underwriting solicitation, peer-to-peersolicitations, ticket sale strategies, and ancillary fundraisingactivities such as gift bag, raffle/auction, and otherevent-related in-kind donations.
- Participate in efforts to feed thepipeline of prospective Board members.
- Collaborate with Associate Directorfor Institutional Giving and the Sponsorship Manager to growcorporate program
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience innonprofit fundraising
- Experience with event planning andprogramming
- Proven track record managing anactive portfolio and securing individual and major donor gifts
- Self-starter with ability to get upto speed quickly and work independently in a fast-paced workenvironment.
- Highly motivated, organized,flexible, and proactive
- Experience with Bloomerang, DonorBoxor other database management systems a big plus
- Must be able to work occasionalspecial events (including evenings and weekends) as needed, andadditional hours during peak times as required
- Excellent verbal, written andinterpersonal communication skills
Commitment to Diversity, Equity &Inclusion
THE CITY is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.Individuals of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants,veterans, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people, andthose with lived experiences in the communities we serve arestrongly encouraged to apply. Job descriptions are wish lists thatare rarely completely fulfilled, even by the successful candidate.Often women, trans, non-binary, gender non-conforming and BIPOCcandidates are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believethey meet every one of the qualifications as described in a jobdescription. Don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t check everybox. You can be right for the job even if you’re missing a bulletpoint or two, and you can have important skills we haven’t thoughtof that would make you a compelling candidate.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $100,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 20 days of accrued paid time off and two floatingholidays per year; 10 paid holidays; 8 paid sick days.
Medical, Dental and Vision
This is a hybrid position with a minimum three-to-four days inoffice.
Location: New York City