Built to Make You Better.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have here at MSC. If you are inspired to learn, expand your circle, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Requisition ID :12372
Associate Referral Bonus Amount :1,000.00
Employment Type :Full Time
Grade :Sales 14
Job Category :Environmental, Quality and Safety
Work Location : Washington, Oregon, and Idaho
State or Province :Oregon (US-OR)
Potential Work/Location : Territorial Service Area Consists of Washington, Oregon, and Idaho
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
This position will report to a Team Manager, Industrial Safety Consultants.
Industrial Safety Consultants (ISC) will work at customer sites in coordination with multiple Outside Sales Associates (OSAs), Business Team Leaders (BTLs), Category Managers, Vending teams and other support personnel within MSC. This position will also coordinate and utilize supplier resources to achieve targeted goals.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as a key resource for safety regulatory assessments, standards and product training for MSC customers and MSC Sales Teams with the goal of keeping our customers and associates safe.
- Supports achievement of safety sales, gross margin, net profit, training, services (when available) and overall cost savings goals for their geographical area of responsibility.
- Works closely with a customer’s Safety Director, Safety Manager, and/or Safety Responsible person(s) to develop solutions that will lead to a safer working environment.Drives accelerated safety sales growth within assigned territory.
- Provides technical support for safety application opportunities to customers and MSC Sales Teams.
- Supports closing of new Safety accounts in conjunction with the local MSC sales team (including Business Development, National Accounts and Government).
- Supports vending customer opportunities to deliver safety growth, net profit improvement, achievement of cost savings goals and assists in the achievement of new vending signings.
- Maintains a safety opportunity funnel to track progress and success on safety growth activities.
- Coordinates local supplier support for Safety training and services in support of MSC Sales Teams.
- Assists BTLs and Regional Managers as needed in coordinating supplier involvement in regional or district meetings.
- Supports Strategic and Preferred supplier initiatives driven by the MSC Category teams and becomes the primary point of contact for Safety suppliers in the assigned territory.
- Provides local Exclusive Brand technical and product support.Participates in periodic updates with the MSC Safety Category team.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years experience in a Safety related role.
- A High School diploma is required, a Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent experience is preferred.
- 3+ years experience and knowledge of safety supplies is required.
- Experience conducting safety and compliance training and assessments (example: Fall Protection, Respiratory Products, Safety Training, Industrial Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment) is preferred.
- Qualified Safety Sales Professional (QSSP) certification or OSHA 30 hour training or equivalent is required.
- Experience in the Industrial Distribution industry is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA General Industry Regulations, State OSHA Regulations (where applicable) and Industry Safety Standards.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Outlook, and Microsoft Office.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel are required.
- Overnight travel up to 40% may be required depending on geography.
Compensation starting at $68607 – $98010 / year and up dependent on candidate location and experience.
Why MSC? People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential.
When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, Associate Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA and DisABLEd as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click HERE to review.