Avalon Care Center - Bountiful is now hiring an Infection Preventionist!
The Infection Preventionist promotes sound and scientific infection prevention principles and practices. This position is part of the clinical leadership team. Responsible for design and dissemination of infection prevention information, including surveillance data and policy decisions. Is also accountable for decreasing the incidence and transmission of infectious diseases between patients, staff, visitors, and the community. Serves as a team member on various committees.
The shift for this position is: Full time Days, Monday - Friday with rotating weekends (On-Call)
Some of our amazing benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, AND Pet insurance.
Tuition Assistance available
We offer career advancement courses
Two weeks of PTO
We offer 401(K)
Come join our team! We offer a rewarding career and opportunities for advancement!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collects infection data, maintains records for each case of healthcare- associated infection
- Conducts outbreak investigations
- Trains clinical facility leaders on implementation of infection prevention practices
- Investigates incidents of infections and reports such incidents to the appropriate person/department, and identifies supplies required for infection prevention activities
- Responsible for the following:
- The prevention and control of infection on a 24-hour basis
- Providing direction regarding the management of infectious patients/residents and other infection prevention issues
- Directing the infection control risk assessment in conjunction with the executive and clinical leadership teams
- Developing and implementing the annual infection prevention plan
- Evaluating the annual plan for goal achievement in conjunction with the IPC
- Conducting surveillance of infections
- Directing and monitoring audits regarding the implementation of and compliance with policies
- Providing education and training
- Liaise with clinical teams regarding the development of standards, audits, and research
- Works with the federal, state and county departments of health regarding infectious and communicable disease reporting
Required Education and Experience
- Current RN or LPN licensure
- Current certification in Infection Control preferred
Depending on site specific Federal, State and County requirements, future Avalon employees may be asked to participate in COVID-19 testing procedures as a condition of employment.