Infectious Disease - Asst/Assoc/Professor of Clinical Medicine
Asst/Assoc/Professor of Clinical Medicine – Infectious Disease
Hiring Department: UICOMP-Medicine
Location: Peoria, IL USA
Requisition ID: 1012140
Posting Close Date: 2/20/2023
The Department of Medicine at the University of Illinois, College of Medicine Peoria (UICOMP), is seeking Infectious Disease candidates for openings in Peoria, IL, for the title of Assistant/Associate/Professor of Clinical Medicine, depending on experience.
The candidate will assist the department teach medical students, residents and fellows in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases. Other duties include assisting the department: provide clinical patient care in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases in the hospital and clinics and via telemedicine; provide Grand Rounds and lectures; assist with curriculum development; participate in clinical medical science research; and perform administrative duties and University service as assigned.
Requirements for the position are an MD degree or its foreign equivalent, plus 5 years of training (3 years in an Internal Medicine residency program, and 2 years in an Infectious Diseases fellowship program), eligible for medical licensure in Illinois, and board certification or eligibility for certification in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases.
Travel may be periodically required between healthcare facilities or for professional development. H1 Visa sponsorship is available. Malpractice insurance is provided by the University of Illinois system and an excellent benefits package available including vacation and sick time, CME health and life insurance and retirement plan.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Teach infectious disease topics to medical students in lectures, seminars, clinics, and wards.
· Develop and deliver resident education in the subspecialty of Infectious Disease by providing rotations for residents on an infectious disease service, giving infectious disease core lectures, and attending morning report and other conferences.
· Serve on appropriate educational committees at the College of Medicine.
· Serve on appropriate hospital committees to improve the quality of patient care, for example, hospital formulary, infection control, or antimicrobial stewardship committees.
· Perform inpatient and outpatient care and telemedicine consultation as a consulting and attending infectious disease physician specialist.
· Work 1-2 half-days per week in the ambulatory care of HIV-infected and/or infectious disease patients.
· Opportunity to participate as a general internal medicine hospitalist attending physician on the resident teaching service.
· Deliver 1-2 lectures per year during medicine grand rounds on topics of relevance to general internists.
· Support and develop the research and scholarly activities of the Department of Medicine and the Section of Infectious Disease.
· Function as a faculty person within the statutes of the University of Illinois.
· Function as staff member within the bylaws of the university-affiliated hospital(s).
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Chair of the Department of Medicine.
- Must possess MD or DO or equivalent degree.
- Must be board certified or board eligible for certifying examination of the American Board of Internal Medicine or comparable certifying authority in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- Five (5) years training (three years in Internal Medicine residency and two years in Infectious Disease fellowship).
- Must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Illinois.
- Must be eligible for medical staff appointment at university-affiliated hospital.
- At least five (5) years’ experience as an Assistant Professor are required for the title of Associate Professor.
For fullest consideration please submit your application by 1/23/2023 at:
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.