Internal Audit - Operations & Compliance
CFSC, Community Financial Service Centers, is a third-generation, family-owned business. We pride ourselves on being a vital part of our communities, and with over 200 locations nationwide, we have neighborhood families all over the United States. Our focus is providing financial services tailored to each unique location and their community’s needs so that our customers receive the services they need most. Our goal is to help our customers better manage their money, finances, and daily lives, and we’re able to do that by adapting our products to accommodate their financial needs.
We’re looking for an energetic and responsive team player to step into this vital role. You will be part of team that works in a fast-paced environment, conducts sophisticated audits and improves the quality and effectiveness of the internal control processes.
Manage high quality, planning, execution, and reporting of internal audit engagements and projects within established timelines. This role reports to the Company’s Manager and the Audit Committee.
- Lead and conduct internal audits of various company components and operations.
- Analyze data for evidence of deficiencies in controls and/or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Analyze data to verify the accuracy and integrity of the information.
- Report on audit status and outcomes.
- Evaluate internal controls audit templates and processes and collaborate with management to identify areas for enhancement.
- Communicate audit findings with responsible managers.
- Review audit responses and remediation plans.
- Monitor audit remediation activities.
- Perform follow-up audits to determine the status of prior audit findings and recommendations.
- Review and maintain adequate and accurate audit work papers, test results and reports.
- Establish and maintain audit schedule in accordance with company policy.
- Manage audit team, recruit, train and evaluate as necessary.
- Assist with store audit compliance, fraud training, regulatory and IRS examinations.
- Other special projects and assignments as necessary.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 4+ years internal audit experience; related operations experience may be considered.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Associate Degree required; BS/BA preferred.
- CICS or CICA preferred.
- Understanding of AML/BSA Compliance preferred.
- Microsoft Office, Excel and Word proficiency
- Flexible work schedule
- Strong organizational and communication skills, strong judgment and analytical ability, as well as the ability to direct and manage people
- Critical thinker, detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Reliable access to own vehicle (business expenses will be reimbursed)
- Ability to travel between NY & NJ store locations and corporate office