Lead Site Reliability Engineer
Are you a Lead SRE, or a Senior SRE looking to move into a Lead role? Do you have good AWS, Terraform, and GitHub experience? Then keep on reading!
Type: Direct hire, Permanent (FTE) – W2 Only
Work Location: Remote. It is highly preferred the person be in Phoenix, AZ or Atlanta, GA able to go onsite 1-2 days a month.
We are on the hunt for a skilled & experienced Lead Site Reliability Engineer for our industry leading Atlanta-based client, to join their logistics SRE team based out of Phoenix AZ. Looking for someone with 5-6+ years of experience skilled in AWS, Terraform, Monitoring/Alerting/Observability, and GitHub. Additionally, experience supporting multiple development teams. If that describes you, keep reading.
Candidates local to Phoenix, AZ or Atlanta, GA who are able to go onsite 1-2 days a month is highly preferred, however, will consider 100% remote, in the US, for the right candidate.
What makes this company great, besides the fact they are innovative and use cutting-edge technologies, is their belief that every single person in every role is an important and vital part of the company. They offer growth & advancement, ability to continually learn, and a great work-life balance! Along with competitive compensation, it comes with an excellent benefits package, 401k w/ $1 for $1 matching, and discretionary PTO.
What you will be expected to do:
In this role, you will join an enterprise logistics SRE team responsible for designing, building, and maintaining an AWS with Terraform infrastructure and deployment pipelines for 15+ development teams & 50+ applications. The team is adding new functionality to support new development team requests and architectural patterns. This team has a strong focus on IaC with Terraform and best practices such as least privilege access, proactive monitoring, and alerting, etc.
Qualifications & experience you must have:
- 5-6+ years of experience, preferably in SRE.
- Software development and architecture/solutioning experience.
- 1+ years of team lead experience.
- Solid AWS experience:
- CodeBuild, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, RDS (MySQL/Postgres), ECS, EC2, IAM, Lambda, Cognito, WAF, Elasticache (Redis), Elasticsearch, SNS, SQS, S3, Systems Manager
- Strong Terraform knowledge & experience.
- Monitoring, Alerting, and Observability using tools like:
- New Relic, Datadog, Splunk, PagerDuty
- GitHub Enterprise, GitHub Actions
- Automating Terraform at scale is a plus (Atlantis/Scalr/Terraform Enterprise etc.).
- Linux system administration
- .NET core development experience
- Ruby development experience
A reasonable estimate of the Base Salary range for this role is $140,000 to $170,000 per year. The disclosed pay range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. The compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case, such as skills and experience levels.