The Bucks County Free Library, headquartered in Doylestown PA, is accepting applications for Library Manager at its Perkasie branch.
With 8,000 square feet, Perkasie is the smallest branch in the county system. Because of its small size, outreach is an important part of its business. The ideal candidate will love serving and getting out into a small friendly community. If you’re a children’s services librarian or an applicant who would like to move into management, this may be the job for you.
Job Summary: Serves as the branch librarian and performs all duties of a professional librarian, including computer help, reference assistance, program planning, collection maintenance, and making sure the building and equipment are in working order.
Minimum two evenings per week, every other Saturday, occasional Sundays, and schedule changes as needed. This is an FLSA exempt position.
- Requires a master’s degree in library science.
- Two years of recent progressively responsible public library and customer service experience, including one year of leadership or supervisory experience.
- Must have current driver’s license, insurance, and own transportation or ability to travel among many library sites.
- Applicant must provide on date of hire at own expense the following three required clearances: PA State Police Criminal Record Check; PA Child Abuse History Clearance; and FBI fingerprint-based background check.
Schedule: Full-time variable schedule, including weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
Starting Salary: $56,183 – $58,858 DOQ
Benefits: Medical and dental for self with premium copay. Vacation, sick, and personal leave and eleven paid holidays. 403b plan with a 5% match after one year enrollment. Life insurance, health advocate and employee assistance program. (Benefits subject to change at any time.)
To Apply: Links to job description, job application, and supplemental questions are below or visit our website at https://buckslib.org/library-jobs/.
- Complete the job application, which provides the opportunity to upload a letter of interest and résumé.
- Take pre-employment test battery (link at end of job application), which consists of five tests: cognitive aptitude, customer service, Word 2016, Excel 2016, and computer and Internet knowledge test (about 58 minutes for all five).
- Complete the Supplemental Questionnaire Form, save your document, and then upload it here or use “Upload Completed Supplemental” link below.