LPN - Eating Disorder, Residential
The LPN works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team providing treatment services according to the Discovery Behavioral Health Clinical Model.
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in treatment team meetings.
- Follows and implements the Nursing Care Plan.
- Follows orders from charge nurse, director of nursing, physician and psychiatrist.
- Dispenses medication as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician notification.
- Performs vital signs.
- Performs weekly blood draws, where applicable.
- Maintains NG tube when needed.
- Completing waived test for glucose monitoring, UA, Drug screen, and pregnancy.
- Responsible to ensure all the medications needed by the clients are ordered appropriately and available in the facility.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and operational nursing station.
- Ensures all medications have consent forms. Ensures all the orders on shift are carried out and documented appropriately for each client.
- Manages client’s medical needs including schedule appointments, complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical treatments and tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program and milieu.
- Provides milieu management throughout the treatment experience and communicates with all team members.
- Supervises and supports clients on community outings, when necessary.
- Objectively and accurately documents client progress on a daily basis.
- Assesses clients suicidality and possibility of danger to self or others.
Compensation Range: $23-42/hr
Compensation will be dependent upon geographic region, education, and experience
- Completion of a LVN/LPN or equivalent.
- Holds a current LVN/LPN license in good standing or equivalent.
- One year experience preferred working in mental health or eating disorders field.
- Blood draw certificate preferred.
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire.
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of hire.
- Obtain ServSafe certification within 90 day of hire.
- Must possess a current Driver’s License in good standing.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/