Interim HealthCare and Hospice in looking for an LVN to full fill the role of Intake Coordinator and QA. This is a Monday thru Friday 8-5 office position.
Provides a centralized intake and client service function in order to gather pertinent patient/client, clinical and financial information to optimize sales, customer responsiveness and satisfaction, as well as quality care. They will also be part of Quality Assurance.
- Acts as a contact telephone liaison person interfacing with referral sources, outside agencies, health professionals and field staff.
- Receives and coordinates all incoming calls, providing patients/clients and referral sources with basic information to assist in accessing appropriate services.
- Communicates with patient/client and family regarding arrangements for the initiation of care/services.
- Completes intake screening including obtaining, documenting and analyzing all required information to make a preliminary admission decision.
- Receives and logs referrals. Prepares reports and responses to inquiries. Provides telephonic contact and system data entry for customers seeking care/services.
- Actively promotes care/services to prospective patients/clients.
- Where permitted by law, receives verbal orders from physicians to initiate care/services.
- Collects and enters customer information into the management information system.
- Works in conjunction with clinical staff to adhere to standards of practice for nursing and applicable law and regulations.
- QA's clinical documentation to assure regulations, and policy and procedures are followed.
- Actively participates as part of a high performance work team to drive and manage change to deliver exceptional patient/client service.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Current Vocational Nurse (LVN) Program license active in California.
- Prior home healthcare and or hospice experience a plus.
- Prior office experience in a similar position is a plus.