LVN/LPN- Mental Health, Residential
The LVN/LPN is responsible for assisting and supporting residents through the entire treatment experience from admission through discharge. The LVN is responsible for communicating observations and insights to the treatment team (i.e. therapists, dietitian, psychiatrist, pediatrician and facility administrator) to ensure the team is comprehensively addressing each client’s issues. The LVN introduces each new client to his/her fellow residents and the treatment staff, and orients each client to the rules, expectations, and routine of the daily treatment schedule.
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in treatment team meetings.
- Follows and implements the Nursing Care Plan.
- Follows orders from physician and psychiatrist.
- Dispenses medication as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician notification.
- Performs vital signs & weekly blood draws, if applicable.
- Responsible to ensure all the medications needed by the clients are ordered appropriately and available in the facility.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and operational nursing station.
- Ensures all medications have consent forms. Ensures all the orders on shift are carried out and documented appropriately for each client.
- Manages client’s medical needs including schedule appointments, complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical treatments and tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission & discharge processes. This may include checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program and milieu.
- Objectively and accurately documents client progress on a daily basis.
This position is full-time at one of our residential programs. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com.
- LVN/LPN Certification
- Must be licensed in current state
- One year of experience required
- Must have considerable knowledge of nursing principles and practice
- Must demonstrate knowledge of medications and their proper application and use
- Must be able to take vital signs and provide first aid
Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? Apply anyway! To provide truly innovative care, we need to have a diverse team around us. That’s why Discovery Behavioral Health is committed to creating an inclusive environment. If you find yourself meeting some but not all the above, we’d be happy to consider your application.
Discovery Behavioral Health seeks to build a diverse staff that is reflective of the patients we serve and the communities where we work. DBH encourages multiple perspectives, experiences, and strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/