The Manufacturing Engineer works in partnership with the Batch and Furnace Manager, and the Production and Quality Managers, to produce glass containers at continuously improving levels of quality and efficiency.
The Manufacturing Engineer should have:
- Solid understanding of combustion (oxy-fuel combustion)
- Strong analytical skills and data analysis
- Experience scheduling preventative maintenance
- Experience with environmental regulations
- Strong understanding of furnace controls and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Manufacturing Engineer will:
- Ensure safe and efficient operating conditions of glass melting furnaces
- Ensure optimal energy consumption and proper burner set-up (flame geometry, length, overall profile)
- Ensure furnace conditions are within prescribed parameters through daily inspections
- Review furnace data on a daily basis and make adjustments as needed
- Assist in managing production targets
- Support continuous improvement and elimination of waste through ongoing analysis and identification of inefficiencies
- Assist with troubleshooting problems within the manufacturing process
- High School diploma required, technical degree preferred (chemical, mechanical, ceramic, or manufacturing)
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing
- Able to perform a physical, hands-on job, on the plant floor
- Able to lead and work independently
What we offer at O-I:
Salary Range: The expected salary range for this position is between $65,000 - $78,000 and includes a possible 12% quarterly incentive bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based upon candidate experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
O-I offers a very generous benefit package – some of the highlights are:
- Vacation time and paid holidays
- Health, dental, prescription and vision care coverage
- Generous insurance discounts with participation in Company wellness program
- Wellness incentive where you can earn money for your HSA or HRA
- Group life insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Voluntary employee and dependent life insurance
- Weekly disability insurance
- Paid sick time
- Parental leave benefits
- 401(k) retirement saving plans with defined contributions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing email@example.com.