Mental Health Practitioner- St. Paul
Mental Health Practitioner- St. Paul
Schedule: FT/PT/Per Diem, Dayshift/Evenings/Overnights, must have weekend/holiday availability!
Pay rate: Up to $29 per hour, depending on experience!
*Must be able to float between multiple locations in the St. Paul/Maplewood area!
What we offer you:
- Locally Owned and Operated Business
- Opportunity to work different locations/Diversity in clinic settings
- Working with Clinics and Hospitals throughout the 7-county area of Minneapolis/Saint Paul
- Free Education Courses
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
Position Expectations Summary:
The Mental Health Practitioner works under the direction of the clinical supervision of a mental health professional and clinical supervisor in the implementation of rehabilitative mental health services as identified in the recipient's individual treatment plan. Mental Health Practitioner provides direct care services to support a safe and supportive environment. Mental Health Practitioner may provide an adult client with education, skill building services, rehabilitative mental health services, functional assessments, level of care assessments, and treatment plans under supervision of mental health professional. Mental Health Practitioner is responsible for maintaining the safety and welfare of program residents during assigned shift. Provide crisis interventions as necessary, case management as directed in treatment plan and mental health professional, maintain documentation in electronic medical record notes, daily rehabilitation interventions, structure of the program, support to residents, medication administration, compliance to policy and procedures and participation in clinical supervision and required training.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Must meet ONE the following qualifications:
(A) 4,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to adults with mental illness, substance use disorder, or emotional disturbance; or traumatic brain injury or developmental disabilities and completes training on mental illness, recovery from mental illness, mental health de-escalation techniques, co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse, and psychotropic medications and side effects
(B) At least 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours in behavioral sciences or related fields and:
(1) has at least 2,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to adults with mental illness, substance use disorder, or emotional disturbance; or traumatic brain injury or developmental disabilities and completes training on mental illness, recovery from mental illness, mental health de-escalation techniques, co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse, and psychotropic medications and side effects
(2) has completed a practicum or internship that required direct interaction with adults served and was focused on behavioral sciences or related fields.
(C) Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences or related field and completed a practicum or internship that required direct interaction with adults and focused on behavioral science or related field.
(D) Master’s degree in behavioral science or related fields.
Licensure/ Registration/ Certification: Current Medication Administration Certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire (tracked in department).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to pass the DHS Background Study
• Ability to operate computer programs including Epic, Outlook, MS Office
• Interpersonal skills- Ability to listen, remain open and maintain confidentiality.
• Ethics and ability to treat others with compassion, caring, and empathy.
• Communication skills- ability to listen and respond with clear and supportive messages.
• Teamwork- ability to work respectfully with team members, welcoming feedback, contributing in team meetings, actively engage in shift duties.
• Ability to work independently, showing initiative and problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage high level of stress, model calm and de-escalate client behavior
• Able to work with patients with difficult emotional, behavioral problems and, or mental illness symptoms and respond with person centered approach.
• Able to work collaboratively and seek clinical supervision
• Ability to demonstrate good time management skills
Education: Bachelors’ Degree in Behavioral Health field or higher
Experience: 4000 hours experience providing services to individuals with: mental illness, substance use disorder, traumatic brain injury or developmental disability.
Licensure/ Registration/ Certification: First Aid, CPR, Valid Driver’s license with no driving restrictions.
Who we are:
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice, and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated. ©2019 Interim HealthCare Inc.
*Bonus is for full time employees (at least 32 hours a week) that complete 160 hours of employment, paid out in installments over 6 months.