MTES Sr. Event Technology Coordinator
JOB TITLE: MTES Sr. Event Technology Coordinator
GRADE: PS-3; $82,828.16
LOCATION: Washington, DC (HQ)
ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW: The 2 million members united in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) are at the forefront of a movement to build power for working people and empower all workers to form unions, no matter what job they do. SEIU members are from every walk of life, every political party, every background, every faith. They come from communities with their own stories and strengths, and that makes the Union all the more powerful because there's strength in numbers. SEIU members work across the healthcare spectrum providing high quality care and services. They are the workers who keep our nation's airports running and make sure landmark buildings are clean and secure. They provide essential public services and give a foundation of learning to our youngest and brightest. SEIU members believe in and are fighting for a Just Society where all workers are valued and all people respected—no matter where they come from or what color they are; where all families and communities can thrive; and where we leave a better and more equitable world for generations to come.
PURPOSE: The Meetings, Travel and Event Services department manages contracting, planning, and execution for SEIU meetings, events, and travel program with a continuous focus on maximizing value, minimizing costs and streamlining processes. The Event Technology Coordinator works closely with the Assistant Director in the management of meetings and events, with a focus on providing support for event technology as well as serving as on-site subject matter expert for high-profile events. They will have a solid understanding of virtual and event technologies and be responsible for keeping up to date on trends and new approaches.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
- Act as technical event technology expert, addressing questions for team members and meetings requesters by identifying challenges, researching answers and corrective actions.
- Provides support as needed for new technology implementations, current technology administration, and other technology areas as needed.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on business requirements for events to determine the correct technology stack to use for events. Make sure all event technology vendors are vetted and up to date on required privacy, security, and legal reviews
- Support both live and hybrid events on event platforms i.e., Zoom, Google Meets, Cvent Attendee Hub and event mobile apps;
- Provides support as needed for new technology implementations, current technology administration, and any other technology areas as needed.
- Create standard operating procedures for M&E technology in support of department planning initiatives and to ensure consistency between programs.
- Act as event database administrator to ensure consistency of information, accurate data collection and list generation upon request including relevant registration data, year on year statistics, and insight into varied elements and event analytics.
- Test customized registration sites to ensure full functionality prior to activating. Develop plans and execute to test/validate all paths, tracks, pages, etc.
- Train/walk meeting stakeholders through the use of M&E technology components including but not limited to registration websites, mobile apps, virtual and hybrid solutions, and onsite technology solutions.
- Work collaboratively with various teams to ensure meeting and event objectives are met;
- Conduct dry runs with remote or onsite speakers to acclimate them to the platform and ensure all equipment is tested and functioning properly;
- Conduct post-events debriefs with stakeholders to analyze and receive feedback on the event.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CONTACTS: Include SEIU staff, SEIU Local staff, SEIU members, SEIU partners, contractors, vendors, and event staff.
DIRECTION & DECISION MAKING: This position reports to the Assistant Director of Meetings, Travel, and Events, and operates with autonomy in executing the responsibilities of the job.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: At least five (5) years of experience providing technical support for meetings, conferences and live events using event meetings management technology (Cvent), including demonstrated experience supporting large scale virtual meetings and events, plus experience that would provide the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent meeting and event related work experience.
- Meeting and Events Industry certification(s) and/or designation(s) from professional organizations like the Event Leadership Institute or Event Industry Council, i.e., CMP, CMM
- Understanding of the technical requirements of virtual and hybrid events.
- Understanding of program and project coordination and ability to understand scope and create timelines and budgets.
- Understanding of system integrations including SSO and APIs to support event platforms;
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of systems like Cvent and Passkey, tools, workflow, and procedures related to meetings and events;
- Familiarity with technology and ability to learn proprietary software and systems;
- Ability to coordinate with production and a/v providers on live, virtual, and hybrid events.
- Ability to produce and design power point presentations.
- Ability to problem solve under pressure and think creatively.
- Ability to tune, tweak, and troubleshoot audio and video streaming systems and software;
- Ability to effectively manage a high volume of live, demanding, concurrent projects;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment;
- Ability to handle high volume workload and fast paced work environment;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively;
- Willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Ability to work with meeting leads and staff in complex and sometimes politically sensitive situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have the ability to work in an office (or similar) setting with or without reasonable accommodation. Periodic overnight/weekend travel is required. In addition, long, extended and irregular work hours are required.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 36 weeks.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for either a) a certain medical condition(s); or b) on the basis of sincerely held strong religious beliefs and practices; as otherwise required by law.
Appply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/QLl2JzUJyEgojSMeh87pJ