.NET Developer (Application Developer)
Are you an experienced Application Developer? If so, let’s talk!
Our client is actively seeking a talented Application Developer to work at their location in Charlotte, NC. This is a permanent job assignment with our client.
Job Description: #LI-LB1
- This position is the third level of the Application Developer series.
- Provides support and configuration for packaged and custom applications.
- This position, with minimal supervision, is responsible for designing, coding, testing, correcting, and documenting complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Under the supervision of the Application Manager, the Application Developer in this class is responsible for leading an application development team to deliver applications based on detailed specifications.
- Design, code, test, deploy, maintain, enhance, and support County software systems
- Work with business customers and IT business analysts in translating requirements into plans and specifications
- Work in a team-based environment, communicating effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Identify business and system requirements
- Produce design and other technical documentation
- Design and code reviews for components produced by self and other teams
- Provide work estimates to project team and lead
- Troubleshoot applications and make recommendations for improvement
- Resource and mentor to lower-level staff
- Minimum of five years of programming experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- MSDN Level Certification
- Ability to lead the design, coding and testing of new Windows, web, and middleware software applications
- Experience enhancing existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan, and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Maintaining existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Investigating and develop skills in new technologies
- Experience creating technical specifications and test plans
- Strong understanding of application interfaces and their architecture (API)
- 5+ years of general programming experience
- 3+ years of experience in software design/development, mobile applications, application architecture, project management, software as a service (SaaS), software integration, automated software testing, datamanagement/governance, security and/or business process analysis
- 3+ years of experience leading development teams in the design and implementation of large multi-user systems utilizing MS technology stack (.NET, SQL Server, IIS, PowerApps)
- 3+ years of experience with cloud-based services, preferably Azure.
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current software development technologies, trends, and methodologies
- Common software engineering design patterns
- Enterprise application development in C#
- Significant experience with iterative and test-driven development practices
- Agile Methodology
- Azure DevOps
- Experience with source code control and software configuration management tools
- Experience with relational database design and administration
- Experience with JS libraries, HTML5, and CSS
- Experience developing in a continuous integration environment using source code control, automated testing, and build automation
- Experience with agile development practices
- Contributing to Team Success: Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals
- Building Partnerships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals
- Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the information provided
- Collaboration: Works effectively and cooperatively with others; establishes and maintains good working relationships
- Customer Focus: Ensures that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafts and implements service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs
- Decision Making: Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences
- Driving for Results: Sets high goals for personal and group accomplishment; uses measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously works to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement
- Managing Conflict: Deals effectively with others in an adversarial situation; uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people
- Team Lead: Ability to lead development teams to complete project goals
- Advanced proficiency in current version of Visual Studio
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Service
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio
- Experience with Visio
- Experience with Microsoft Project
Job Requisition #34919
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. We offer excellent benefits and the opportunity for longevity, working with our premier fortune 100 clients. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling, and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.