The Tianjin Juilliard School (TJS) is the only branch campus of The Juilliard School. Approved by the Ministry of Education in China, TJS welcomed its first class of Pre-College students in Fall 2019 and the first Graduate Studies class in Fall 2020. By equipping its musicians with core educational values and cultivating experiences, TJS and its dedicated world-class faculty, intends to take on the challenge of guiding aspiring artists on the path to achieving their full potential not only as musicians, but also as global ambassadors.
The Tianjin Juilliard School Pre-College offers a comprehensive conservatory music program on Saturdays from September through May for advanced pre-college students ages 8-18. The faculty serves as teachers, role models, and mentors, guiding students as they develop technical proficiency while fostering creativity and intellectual curiosity. The program prepares students who exhibit talent, potential, and ambition to pursue serious music study at the college level. Recognizing the importance of early development and discipline in the music field, the school offers an atmosphere where artistic gifts and technical skills can flourish.
This is a part-time position. Faculty must be willing to travel to Tianjin on Saturdays. Applicants must be eligible for part-time work in China.
- Teach individual violin lessons and studio class
- Prepare students for performances and auditions as needed
- Participate in annual auditions and juries
- Actively recruit Pre-College students
- Advanced degree and/or considerable professional experience
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in Mandarin is preferred
- Experience teaching highly advanced students ages 8-18, with a demonstrated track record of student success
- Professional performing experience at an international level
- Experience teaching or studying in an American or European music school is preferred Openness to multi-cultural approaches to music education is essential
- Availability on Saturdays from September through May
- This position requires eligibility for part-time work in China
Qualified candidates should submit:
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in working in the Pre-College and what you can contribute to The Tianjin Juilliard SchoolCurrent C.V. focusing on teaching and performance experienceTwo references (names and contact information)Links to recent videos of teaching or performancesQualified applicants will be contacted for an interview and audition