Physical Therapist Assistant (Part-time)
Interim HealthCare Home Health and Hospice
Greenville, MI 48838, USA
Interim Healthcare of West Michigan is a locally owned and operated leader in post-acute care services in West Michigan.
We are now hiring for the position of Physical Therapist Assistant within our Skilled Home Care division.
This is a part-time, pay-per-visit opportunity.
- Weekly pay
- Mileage reimbursement (54 cents per mile)
- Tablet with built-in Wi-Fi provided
- Paid training
- Employee referral bonuses
- We are family owned and operated, with a work environment that reflects this
- We are a team of hands-on leadership, hardworking clinicians, and supportive office staff with the same goal in mind: to provide the best one-on-one care for our patients
- Work-life balance is just as important to us as it is to you
- We value input from all those involved in patient care
Physical Therapist Assistant Essential Functions
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient
- Acts at the direction of the treating physical therapist and in accordance with the plan of care
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s)
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care
- Assists the treating physical therapist in documenting a patient’s progress and response to treatment
- Completes and submits timely, legible, accurate, relevant, and sufficient documentation (written or electronic) addressing the treatment and interventions provided, the patient’s response to the treatment and interventions, and the patient’s progress toward goals in accordance with professional standards of practice, policy and procedures, and payor requirements
- Counsels and educates the patient and the family, and other caregivers to promote patient progress toward mutually established goals and in meeting healthcare-related needs
- Effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote coordination of patient care and planning for discharge
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care
- Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department
Physical Therapist Assistant Job Requirements
- Current licensure as a physical therapist assistant in the state of Michigan
- In the last five (5) years, two (2) years of experience as a physical therapist assistant
- Active CPR certification
- Previous Home Health experience a plus
- Must possess a positive attitude and sense of humor (seriously)
Interim Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.