A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Principal Architect is responsible for orchestrating the definition of a holistic view and roadmap of the company’s technology capabilities and enabling solutions, technology strategy and processes. The Principal Architect partners with both business and technology groups to ensure the proposed technical solutions and investment decisions not only align with the company’s and/or business area overall objectives, but also ensures that both groups enable and drive each other to meet the needs of the company’s strategic goals. A Principal Architect focuses on one or more architecture domains (data, application, business, technology) at the enterprise level.
The Principal Architect collaborates closely with IT and business leadership, IT business area groups, data analytics and security groups, and business stakeholders in defining the technology choices, enterprise architecture integration, costs, and trade-offs. The position requires an understanding of the business and technology aspects of C&D’s business, both domestic and international.
The Principal Architect is accountable for establishing, maturing, and enforcing the company's architecture practices, standards, and governance process to enable company strategy, protection of corporate assets, optimization of value and minimization of risk.
This role provides strategic technical thought leadership to the company as well as leadership and mentoring to the larger community of architects and IT professionals, in order to align everyone to a shared technology direction, principles, and processes, and grow the company’s architecture capability. The Principal Architect E6 the Architecture Community of Practice to follow principles and drive innovation.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
· Sets enterprise-wide technology, application, and data architecture direction and long-term vision, guiding principles, and decision making; assesses future business capability needs against the enterprise architecture and leads strategic architecture decision making to meet those needs
· Proactively collaborates with Solution Architects, information security, business process architects, product owners, and business strategists to design and communicate an innovative, secure, and cost-effective architecture that enables continuous delivery of business value
· Performs acquisition due diligence related to architecture fit & participates in post-deal integration planning
· Works with BEMs, business partners, and domain architects in discovery & project initiation to assess and shape the architecture aspects of a project
· Develops and leads an overall enterprise (strategic) technology architecture program (standards development, technology feasibility studies, etc.) and drives optimal use of existing technology and the Cloud First principles to the rest of the IT organization and business areas
· Chairs the Architecture Review Board (ARB) and leads architecture reviews; ensures that designed solutions conform to architectural direction, standards and requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability, and security
· Leads an Architecture Community of Practice to align all architects to shared technology direction, standards and practices, and to help ensure the mentoring and growth of architects
· Analyzes technical debt and identifies proactive solutions to manage and reduce technical debt
· Ensures that comprehensive & current architecture models are maintained within domains, guiding the integration of application, data, business and technology architecture components
· Builds C&D’s knowledge of industry technology direction by researching technology trends and evaluating options and implications of these trends on enterprise architecture; guides opportunities for technology evaluations and selectively participates in evaluations and prototyping
Required Experience (minimum):
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related field, OR equivalent work experience
· 10+ years of proven experience across multiple technologies with well-rounded background in delivering infrastructure, applications and architecture services in large-scale, complex environment, including experience in business analysis, process design, applications, software, databases, middleware, and solution delivery
· 2+ years’ experience in direct or indirect leadership roles, influencing a wide mix of stakeholders
· Prior experience in the implementation of design and architecture processes in an Enterprise environment
· Proven experience with future state architecture, taking business to the next level, creating competitive advantage to the business.
· Proven experience laying out technology roadmap connecting the dots with business needs.
· Broad knowledge of infrastructure architecture and related technologies
· Proven experience leading mid-size-to-large, complex scale projects.
· Experience as a technology mentor, facilitating the growth of colleagues
· Consumer Products Industry experience and experience with FDA regulated products
· Direct work with Azure (preferred), or other cloud services and solution architectures
· Experience with enterprise ERP and product life cycle management technologies
· Experience driving effective collaboration and coordinating the development of strategy, architectural standards and road maps
· 1+ years of experience in Enterprise Architecture (preferred)
· Enterprise Architecture certified or equivalent experience using industry standards such as TOGAF or Zachman (preferred)
· Proven experience in application rationalization efforts, maximizing current investment and optimizing process complexity (preferred)
Skills and Competencies
· Ability to quickly adapt to changing business requirements and manage to tight deadlines.
· Concise and effective communicator
· At ease advocating for technical solutions and enjoy the challenge of influencing others
· Evangelist for a bigger picture strategy, integrating the business and technological vision, connecting the dots across business needs, technologies, processes, and information.
· Results oriented and pragmatic executor
· Business and Technical Acumen
· Strategic & Analytical Thinking
· Dealing with Complexity
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/