Program Expansion Officer & Interim Executive Director, Middle School Education
Compass Academy Network (CAN) seeks an experienced educationleader for the Interim Executive Director position. CAN operatestwo summer sites in Southeast Kansas and Southwest Missouri. Thisposition will begin in February 2023 and could end in June 2023 orgrow into a permanent position as CAN continues to expand to newlocations. This position will be responsible for overseeing thesummer programs at these two sites and all preparatory work toensure sites are operational for the summer program.
Learn more at www.compassacademynetwork.org
- Overall managerial responsibility for success of summer programat both locations, including: recruiting, onboarding, training,supervising all faculty and staff
- Day to day management and supervision of both locations incollaboration with Program Directors
- Oversee student recruitment and enrollment for the summer 2023program for both sites, including hosting recruitment events,reviewing applications with Program Directors, and ensuringenrollment paperwork is completed.
- Be an active, visible, and strategic leader willing to engagein regular outreach with all constituencies and the public at largeto advocate for the program and its mission.
- Ensure consistency across sites through observation,evaluation, and training.
- Maintain standards and ensure all employees understand andcomply with standards and policies.
- Maintain strong and effective alliances in local communitieswith educators, community leaders, host locations, and donors.
- Meet as needed, including regular weekly meetings, with currentExecutive Director (until on leave) and CEO.
- Meet as needed, including regular weekly meetings, withDirector of Marketing and outside marketing and other consultantsto review and assign tasks and assess progress.
- Meet as needed, including regular weekly meetings, with ProgramDirectors to review and assign tasks and assess progress.
- Ensure both sites are fully supplied for summer program,including classroom supplies, technology, lunches, andtransportation.
- Ensure program resources, pedagogy, and training support themission and ideals of Compass.
ABOUT COMPASS ACADEMY NETWORK
CAN’s mission is to provide students in grades 6 through 8 fromrural public school districts with enrichment opportunities tosupport academic success and character development, and to realizetheir full potential by engaging in a fun and challenging summerand academic year program. Our program has been developedto:
- Provide students with enhanced opportunities to supplementtheir academic knowledge and skills for success in middle and highschool.
- Support strong ethical foundations through charactereducation.
- Build confidence and leadership through team building andpersonal development activities.
- Inspire joy in learning.
Students form new friendships and make connections withdedicated educators who serve as positive role models and mentorseven after the program concludes.
CAN partners with rural school districts to support studentgrowth and learning, especially during the summer months. Theprogram’s objective is to position students to return to school inthe fall empowered and motivated to start the year with enthusiasmand strengthened skills.
Compass Academy Network admits students of any race, color,national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programsand activities generally accorded or made available to students atthe school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,national and ethnic origin in administration of its educationalpolicies, admissions policies, and other school-administeredprograms.