Project Manager - MS Dynamics
We are actively seeking a talented Project Manager with MS Dynamics to work with a team located in Raleigh, NC. This is a 1-year contract opportunity with the possibility for extension.
We are looking for a skilled Project Manager to guide securing a technology company that will build a new Contracting and Data Management System (CDMS) in the Microsoft Dynamics Platform. Once the technology company is secured, the Project Manager will then be the key point person for the contractors, ensuring they are meeting the vision of the client. The client will use this new system to collect data from across the state on funded programs as well as create and manage contracts. The primary role of this position is to be a leader in bringing together key stakeholders at both the client and the contracted technology company that will be responsible for building the new system. This position will be time limited based on grant funding and project outcomes. This position will be complete once the new Contracting and Data Management System is fully executed and the entire staff is trained and using the system, and the necessary data security parameters are in place.
- Act as liaison among departments/teams, including the IT Department, Shared Services Department, Learning and Evaluation Department, Finance and Fiscal Operations Division, Strategy Division, Local Partnerships, and the contracted technology company.
- Understand the desired vision of the Contracting and Data Management System to ensure the vision is executed.
- Set and continually manage and communicate project expectations with key stakeholders.
- Motivate and manage project stakeholders and influence them to produce assigned work
- Guide and create the necessary supplemental documents for the development of a Request for Proposals (RFP) from contractors to build the new system. These documents may include drafts of the database structure, data flow, workflow, user roles, data migration plan, scope of work, etc.
- Work in collaboration with staff to release the RFP to build the new system.
- Work in collaboration with staff to review proposals and select contractor.
- Serve as the key communication point for the contractor that is selected to ensure the agreed upon scope of work and timelines are being met and that the vision for the system is being built effectively.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope while identifying potential crises and devising contingency plans.
- Coordinate, develop, and communicate realistic, attainable milestones and project plans.
- Coordinate user testing of the system as it is being built in collaboration with staff and the contractor.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, database administration, information technology, project management, business management, or related discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of IT architecture, database administration, industry standards and methodologies, peripheral technologies, and implementation best practices.
- Good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for solving complex problems.
- Ability to conceptualize stakeholder needs and translate into specific technical concepts and implementation strategies.
- Understanding of working with contracted IT companies and managing communication and tracking on expected outputs.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, database technologies, and data management concepts.
- Understanding of working with social science data and translating researchers’ vision into a technology platform.
- Experience leading complex projects in either a project or product management role.
- Working knowledge of agile and/or scrum methodologies in project management.
- Experience writing project specifications.
- Experience with MS SQL and database administration, architecture, and reporting.
- Preferred experience in non-profit or statewide organizations with a focus in the human services industry, and/or experience working with social science data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to track and administer project components and meet tight deadlines as required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to conceptualize the big picture and break down project components into action steps.
- Comprehensive and proven project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work proactively with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility during times of change.
- Experience working with a broad spectrum of disciplines and backgrounds.
- Ability to conceptualize stakeholder needs and translate them into implementation strategies.
- Ability to comfortably work in a remote or hybrid work environment.
Job Requisition #36478
General Description of Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, 401(K) and other supplemental coverage.
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.