AIS is a leading production fastener company in the Midwest, providing MSC a solid growth platform for expansion in the OEM fasteners market and complements our fastener and VMI solutions, as well as our core metalworking and MRO business. Come join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID :11787
Employment Type :Full Time
Job Category :Sales / Business Development
State or Province :Minnesota (US-MN)
Potential Work?Location :United States : Minnesota : Minneapolis
**The territory for this role will be the greater Minneapolis area and Western Wisconsin**
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) works to improve AIS’s customer position and achieve financial growth in medium and large manufacturing customers (with potential of >$250,000). The RSM aligns with AIS’s long-term strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies incremental business opportunities, increases share of wallet, negotiates and closes business deals, and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The RSM will collaborate with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue and profit. To achieve this, they need to identify unmet needs within their existing customers where AIS’s value proposition should be implemented for recognized benefit. RSM will be required to network within the customer’s organization in order to meet with influencers to add both direct and indirect material where AIS’s solutions can be applied. Success in this role is defined by increasing “Share of Wallet” within existing customers.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position is responsible for identifying, pursuing, and transitioning incremental programs and/or parts to AIS.within their existing account package
- Applies extensive solutions, product, financial and market knowledge to sell accounts.
- Maintains highly accurate and complete funnel analytics demonstrating a strategic ownership of business as well as identifies a plan to achieve the growth within the account base.
- Accurate, current management of content in funnel, win/loss, launch status, CRM and other platforms for communicating business resource needs to the organization
- Contacts the appropriate management levels and decision makers within the prospect organization to propose and secure new business leveraging insight selling concepts, tools and value proposition content.
- Negotiates pricing and other terms within the accounts to ensure maximum revenue and profit from new business to include terms and conditions that will minimize the company’s risk.
- Prepares detailed financial models forecasting account performance over life of agreement.
- Communicate financial performance expectations across leadership teams.
- Develops and Communicates all aspects of newly signed business to department resources (Inside Sales Team, Operations, etc) field sales (SVP, Directors, etc.) and company (legal, supply chain, e commerce, sourcing, VMI where applicable) to ensure rapid and complete penetration and revenue growth of incremental business.
- This role requires superior communication and negotiation skills to align business goals across functional teams.
- Submits to management all required sales and expense reports in a timely manner. Pro-actively entertain in assigned accounts where pre-approved.
- Manage travel and entertainment to meet assigned budgets. Utilizes phone, webcast and on-site visits efficiently to establish regular cadence with both the field leadership team and large customer/prospect site locations as assigned.
- Learns and fosters the AIS culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of AIS’s mission.
- Cleary demonstrates can-do attitude toward supporting new initiatives and programs designed to meet customer needs. Proactive problem-solving approach as necessary to overcome obstacles for customer compliance, growth and profitability.
- Collaborative communication with cross functional teams
- Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Associate or BS in a Sales, Marketing, or Technical field is preferred
- Ability to execute AIS’s strategic sales process, and manage an extended sales cycle
- Demonstrated track record of excellent sales, negotiation, relationship building and closing skills and techniques are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and CRM database
- Experienced in solution selling to the OEM is a plus
- Must possess strong presentation skills and communicate professionally as a dynamic speaker and in written responses to emails; RFPs; RFIs; and when submitting reports.
- Strong business and financial acumen required: advanced business analytics skills including, ability to plan, track and evaluate data
- Strong analytical skills, ability to make quick/calculated decisions, and ability to perform effectively in a team and individual work environment are a must.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills at the senior management level (oral and written) along with strong attention to detail and follow through required
- Self-motivated to meet specific sales goals
- Demonstration of competitive spirit and ability to overcome obstacles to success
- Strong time management skills while working independently to achieve sales goals outlined by management
Why MSC? People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential.
When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, Associate Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA and DisABLEd as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click HERE to review.