Mervyn Sharp Bennion Central Utah Veterans Home is now hiring Registered Nurses for full time, part time, and PRN positions!
At Mervyn Sharp we currently have 108 residents, 9 different units including Memory Care and Rehab. Each resident has their own private bedroom and bathroom. Each of our residents have served in at least 1 war anywhere from WWII - Operation Enduring Freedom.
Come join our amazing team and use your nursing skills to serve others in our fantastic facility. We offer great pay with career growth opportunities. Develop lasting relationships with your patients and the staff in our building. The valuable work we do makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
Starting Wage: $33.00+ (Depending on experience)
shift differential available for NOC and Weekend shifts
Some of our amazing benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, AND Pet insurance.
All shifts are available, if you prefer days, nights, evenings, weekends, P/T, F/T, or On-call, we have it all.
Tuition Assistance available
We offer career advancement courses
Starting wage is based on years of experience
Two weeks of PTO
401K (up to a 2% company match)
Apply today for a fulfilling and worthwhile career with Avalon!
Responsible for the independent supervision of the delivery of care to a group of residents in a nursing unit. Assess resident needs, develop individual care plans, administer nursing care, evaluate nursing care, and supervise Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) and other personnel in the delivery of nursing care.
- A current, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in State of practice.
- Demonstrate RN clinical assessment skills at the level necessary to meet the job requirements.
- Knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work with an interdisciplinary care team.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Basic understanding of computer technology, including email use.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Proven decision making and analytical skills.
- Able to relate positively, favorably and cooperatively with others, including employees, residents, family members, and personnel of outside agencies and organizations.
- Positive attitude toward the elderly.
- At least one year of experience in Long Term Care is preferred.