Avalon Care Center - Portland is searching for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team as a Resident Care Manager!
We built our culture around providing outstanding care to our patients. Our work demonstrates a reverence for life and a heart for healing. Our people make all the difference. Do you show up to work even when there are challenges to face? Are you motivated by helping people? Does striving for excellence in patient care excite you? Then look no further, Avalon Care Center - Portland could be the perfect place for you!
Our Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Pet insurance.
- Tuition Assistance available
- We offer career advancement courses
- Two weeks of PTO
**Small 16 bed RCF**
Part-time, 3 - 4 days/week
- Responding to and assessing a change in resident conditions
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements and evaluates resident care goals with Director of Resident Care collaboration.
- Determines appropriate staffing levels to meet resident needs 24/7 and ensures schedule is made.
- Works with Director to build relationships and strong communication with residents, families and associates.
- Anticipates, plans and evaluates care of residents.
- Makes daily rounds to review performance of resident care staff.
- Assures Med Techs and Caregivers Follow Health Care Monitoring Procedure to report and monitor changes in Residents condition.
- Assures ALL Med Techs and Caregivers read the 24-hour log at beginning of shift and Temporary Service Plans for reporting and monitoring change in resident condition
- Performs reviews resident chart notes for accurate, complete information.
- Participates in family conferences.
- Ensures communication with physicians and other health care professionals.
- Reviews Medication Management compliance
- Conducts QA audits of medication records and med storage areas.
- Assists with scheduling of ancillary services: podiatry, dentist, therapies, pharmacy consultation, etc. As well as arranging transportation for residents.
- Inventories, maintains and replenishes service supplies.
- Provides hands-on care as staffing needs require (and licenser allows).
- Supervision of the Caregivers and Med Techs
- Create and maintain a Culture of Kindness within the team.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing and currently licensed by the State;
- Must be knowledgeable of general, rehabilitative and restorative nursing and medical practices and procedures and laws, regulations and guidelines governing long term care;
- Previous experience in a hospital, long term care facility, or other health care related facility is required
Avalon Health Care Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.