Rugby Program Developer and Coach
Under general supervision, the Director of Rugby and Head Men's Rugby Coach is responsible for the management and administration of competitive National Collegiate Rugby athletic programs; consisting of a developmental plan for practices, recruiting, travel arrangements, game planning and general coaching of successful rugby programs. Direct supervisor to the assistant coach(s), future women's head coach and other support staff.
- Hold the position of Director of Rugby with administrative oversight of the men's and women's rugby programs.
- Hold the position of Head Coach for the men's rugby team.
- Working with Admissions and the NURFC Alumni Association will strategically develop a recruiting plan aimed at attracting individuals that possess rugby talent, exemplary character and academic merit for the purpose of elevating enrollment and program growth.
- Interview, hire and oversee coaching staff members, all of whom possess or are currently progressing to appropriate rugby coaching certifications.
- Hold practice sessions that place a major emphasis on individual skills, systematic implementation and teamwork.
- Place a major emphasis on budgetary efficiency, all-while processing the necessary administrative work and purchase orders required to run a compliant and successful rugby program
- Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful University community.
- Have a solid knowledge of USA RUGBY and/or National Collegiate Rugby regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes and skill in budget preparation and management.
- Manage all game day operations and ensure that support staff are scheduled for each home contest.
- Submit payment request forms for EMT's, officials and scorekeepers to the Director of Recreation, Intramurals and Club Sports within 24 hours following home contests.
- Ensure all University protocols are being adhered to with regard to player registration via MyNU, concussion management testing and dues payments.
- Ensure that all teams are successfully completing the required number of community service hours as well as achieving the required amount of fundraising as directed by the NUSGA.
- Ensure that all players and coaches understand and adhere to all Campus Recreation (Club Sport), NUSGA and Student Code of Conduct policies and procedures.
- Arranges competitive event schedule, in conjunction with the assigned administrator
- Fundraises on behalf of the team and university in conjunction with the Advancement office and the NURFC Alumni Association. Organizes men's alumni groups, providing advancement and stewardship leadership.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and comprehend the English language sufficiently to be able to read and understand various forms, documentation, files and information in the department.
- Basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to be able to verify accuracy of record keeping and athletics information and work with budgets
- Sufficient manual dexterity with proficiency to handle various office machines including but not limited to: calculator, copy machine, computer and typewriter.
- Ability to receive telephone calls, respond to inquiries and communicate with others by telephone with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Ability to handle routine office operations (typing, filing, record keeping, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office & Web Site Design/Maintenance
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to drive a personal or university vehicle for the purpose of university business
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Three (3) to (5) years of coaching experience.
- USA Level 200 Certification or willingness to get certified when next opportunity is offered.
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certification or willingness to become certified upon hire.
- A valid driver's license is required. The license must meet insurance company rules and regulations for driving underwriting criteria.