City University of New York Construction Fund
Ensures successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap-up activities. Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies any potential issues. Communicates identified issues with the Assistant Director Financial Compliance and Internal Control to ensure that any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates with business process owners to streamline various compliance efforts including improving documentation controls, and testing methodology.
- Performs and documents operational, construction and related financial audits in accordance with the Institute of Internal auditors, GAGAS and AICPA standards.
- Assist the Assistant Director in all aspects of the risk assessment and audit activities.
- Assist the Assistant Director in the preparation of the annual audit plan.
- Performs risk-based audits as determined by the approved annual audit plan.
- Identifies control gaps in processes, procedures, and systems through in- depth research and assessment and suggest methods for improvement.
- Identifies management control weaknesses and provides value added suggestions for remediation.
- Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
- Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk.
- Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well documented.
- Ensures adherence at all times to applicable regulations including, but not limited to, CUNY’s Central Finance Office, The Education Law, NYC Comptroller’s Office, New York State Comptroller’s Office, and applicable Federal guidelines applicable to CUCF’s business processes and professional standards.
- Communicates audit findings to the Assistant Director Financial Compliance and Internal Control.
- Ensures adequate focus on personal and professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments in line with standard audit career progression and proactively seeks relevant education and training opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Batchelor’s degree from an accredited college/ university in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
- Three to four years audit experience is required which may include a combination of corporate, government and or public accounting audit experience.
- Candidate must have experience performing operational, financial and construction audits.
- Strong working experience assessing risks and evaluating internal control is required.
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills and computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point are a must).
- Attention to detail.
- Some knowledge of Generally Accepted Government Audit Standards (GAGAS) is required.
- Actively pursuing the CPA, (Certified Public Accounting), and or the CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) designation.
$85,00 - $105,000
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=VC-2212-005284