Target ALS is a 501(c)(3) public non-profit whose mission is toaccelerate ALS research into successful clinical trials. Since2013, the foundation has built an innovative ecosystem forbiomedical research that has catalyzed ALS drug discovery throughcollaborations. Given the dramatic progress that the field has madeover the past decade, it is not unreasonable to conclude that adecade from now we will be able to foresee a world where everyonewith ALS lives. Target ALS is now going through a period ofexponential growth building on its successful model that willensure that it plays a major role in the achievement of thatgoal,
We seek a dynamic individual with a thoughtful approach for theposition of Senior Director, Mission Advancement. Reporting to theCEO, this position will work with stakeholders within and outsidethe organization, including the Board of Directors. The Sr.Director of Mission Advancement will lead and implement thefoundation’s fundraising, communications, marketing, governmentrelations, and community engagement efforts. The successfulcandidate will provide strategic direction to and tacticaloversight of a team of direct reports comprised of full-time staffand contractors.
This position will be part of the three-person leadership teamand will play a major role in broadening the fundraising base andraising the profile with the public and other key constituencies ofthe foundation and helping to secure funding from the federalgovernment for ALS research to help realize the foundation’smission.
The Sr. Director of Mission Advancement will function as thefoundation’s primary relationship manager for donors, governmentofficials, the press, and advisors focused on marketing andcommunications for all non-research or clinic-based activities. The mandate will include, but not be limited to:
- Implementation of an advancement plan to generate financialgifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations, includingannual gifts, planned gifts, capital campaigns, and otherphilanthropic or in-kind gifts
- Cultivation, solicitation, and stewarding of current andpotential donors capable of major gifts
- Engagement of the CEO, Board, and other stakeholders to ensureeffective participation in fundraising
- Coordinating the writing and planning of grant proposals tocorporations and foundations
- Develop and oversee a communication and marketing plan to raisethe public profile of the foundation to meet fundraising targets,research program goals and help increase government funding for ALSresearch.
- Implement community engagement programs to build a constituencyfor scientific research amongst patients, caregivers, anddonors
- Build and maintain effective relationships with relevantgovernment agencies
- Developing an effective public relations program
The successful candidate will possess 10+ years of professionalexperience with a track record of success in management ofrelationships with major donors and overseeing all fundraisingoperations.
The candidate will have also demonstrated a successful record ofleading communications initiatives to advance fundraising goals aswell as raising the public profile of the organization with keyconstituents.
A strong preference will be given to experience in biomedicalresearch organizations.
A Bachelor's degree is required.
A cover letter and resume are required. Please submit a coverletter and resume to Manish Raisinghani. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org