Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Are you an experienced Manufacturing Engineer?
If so, let’s talk!
Our client is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to work with a team located in Palmer, MA.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity with our client.
Permanent Hire; On-Site
Salary: $110K + Full Benefits
(Relo assistance for Prime Candidates)
Shift: M-F, 8:30am-4:30pm (somewhat flexible)
The Manufacturing Engineer determines the most efficient methods to manufacture and assemble products and components; this includes designing and/or improving machinery, fixtures, tooling, and test equipment as well as preparing process documents. This position interacts frequently with other departments and outside vendors, regarding the purchase of machinery and tooling.
- Streamline processes and line layouts to improve efficiency and throughput.
- Consult with design engineering to assist with the development of new products and make recommendations regarding material and labor needs.
- Develop design for manufacturing (DFM), design for assembly (DFA), and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) documentation.
- Generate/edit work instructions for the manufacturing processes in support of the Engineering Change Order process.
- Drive and participate in the implementation of Lean principles, including but not limited to Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED), 5S, and root cause analysis.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in Engineering, or related fields
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Strong background in Lean Methodologies and experience in implementing improvements in an assembly or machining environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and be up to date with technologies used in assembly, testing and machining.
- Background in CNC machining, machine tools, material handling systems, and industrial production equipment.
- Basic knowledge of electrical, electronics and programming preferred.
- Ability to analyze part tolerance requirements and match them to process capability. Familiar and able to apply GD&T concepts.
- Experience and exposure to CAD/CAM tools (SolidWorks preferred).
- Dynamic, self-starter team player with excellent communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Minitab or other related statistical analysis is a plus
- Ability to analyze part tolerance requirements and match them to process capability.
Job Requisition #36321
General Description of Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, 401(K) and other supplemental coverage.
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.