This position will be responsible for planning and managing all aspects of meetings and events, including RFP’s, venue recommendations, contract negotiation, registration, financial management and all details surrounding conference/meeting logistics. Provides detailed project management of meeting design, logistics and registration support for the successful implementation of all National Office sponsored meetings/events. Collaborates with business lines and club personnel to ensure meeting/conference strategic goals are met with minimal financial risk to the association.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and implements meeting design including creation of timelines, financial oversight and assignment of staff responsibilities.
- Builds successful, collaborative relationships with hotel partners through an open communication process that includes the creation of detailed specifications, layouts and Food and Beverage orders to meet budget requirements and attendee expectations.
- Creates, manages and reconciles conference budgets that can individually exceed $1 million in revenues and expenses.
- Develops and fulfils sponsorship programs to meet client’s financial goals within the constraints of their supplier relationships.
- Manages complex general session productions. Duties include management of speakers and presentations, design of show flow/ rehearsal schedules and management of on-site production crew. Manages creative design/theme process and its consistent application across all print & digital aspects of the meeting.
- Creates web pages, event mobile apps and mass email communications to provide effective, accurate and timely communications for all conference participants. Provides analytical skills to develop and evaluate technical applications that support departmental operations, including maintaining and upgrading in-house registration database.
- Negotiates contracts with multiple entities such as hotels, off site venues, trade show companies, transportation/destination management companies, audio visual and Wi-Fi suppliers that are in the best interest to the Association.
- Designs and manages registration process, including tracking attendee registration, invoicing fees, managing the hotel room block and creation of confirmation documents.
- Provides personalized logistical support for VIP attendees and invited speakers.
- Builds strong relationships with AAA clubs and suppliers by providing excellent prompt customer service and insuring meetings designed fit their business needs.
- Participates on cross function teams on other duties as assigned. Insures all AAA corporate policies are followed and that external supplier participation is appropriately monitored and approved.
- Performs other related duties, tasks, requests and directives issued from management as required
Requirements, Competencies and Certifications:
- Strong written and oral communication
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be adaptable in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- Project Management experience or proven ability to lead a cross functional team
- Proven experience in negotiating contracts with national hotels and vendors
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task with a high volume of deliverables
- Outstanding problem-solving, financial management, and oral/written communication skills
- Computer skills to include basic web design and event mobile apps
- Familiarity with meeting registration and meeting layout software
- Ability to work under pressure, deal with constant change and meet/exceed deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment, interact professionally and effectively with all levels of associates including senior executives
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Access/Outlook)
- Meeting Matrix or Room Viewer
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, Exact Target, Double-dutch or Similar Mobile Event App Platforms,
- FrontPage/Dreamweaver, Dropbox, IP Switch/FTP servers, and Internal Resource Scheduler.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Three (3) – five (5) years of direct experience in meeting/event planning
- Certified Meeting Professional Certification (CMP)
AAA National supports a flexible work environment for our associates. We are committed to collaboration, innovation, and work-life balance, and offer a hybrid work model of three days in the office, and two days at home (or whenever you work best) each week.
AAA National Office is not accepting unsolicited assistance from any search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at the AAA National Office via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this particular position from the AAA National Offices Talent Acquisition department will be deemed the sole property of the AAA Nationals Office. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by the AAA National Office as a result of the referral or through other means.