Our restaurants are busy and at times challenging because of the number of customers we serve. But team members are like family and collaborate with each other to get the job done. Plus team members learn hospitality skills they can use for the rest of their lives.
No matter where you work in the restaurant you’ll have the opportunity to provide our guests with an experience that celebrates the traditional foods, simple comforts and rural charm of the Midwestern Amish and Mennonite communities.
If you enjoy sharing hospitality with others, we want you on our team!
Our team members enjoy:
- Sundays off
- DHG Discounts - on meals/merchandise/lodging/shows for staff
- Annual vacation bonus
- Wooden Nickels
- On-the-job training
- Flexible schedules
- Scholarship program
- Free access to SmartDollar®
What you’ll be doing
- Smile, make eye contact and engage guests in friendly conversation
- Take beverage/meal orders from guests
- Answer questions/make suggestions
- Enter orders into computer
- Garnish dishes
- Serve beverages and food
- Present total meal costs
- Tell guests about the bakery, gift shop, and local attractions
- Use software to process orders and create guest checks
Skills you’ll bring along
- Read, write and understand instructions
- Sharing information to guests
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Lift and/or move 15 to 30 lbs.
- SafeServ certification preferred, but will provide training
- Part-time position
- No Sunday hours
- Work rotating schedules including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
- On-the-job training provided
- Medical insurance and HSA
- 401(k) plan with match
- Wellness Program
- Dental, Vision, Accident, Life, Critical Illness, Term Life Insurance available
*Medical and supplemental insurances are available for employees who work at least 30 hours/week.